how much lift to level tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: how much lift to level tundra

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default how much lift to level tundra

I was just wondering how much front lift is needed to level a 2wd tundra. i've seen kits that lift 1", 2", and 2.5" and all claim to level the truck. which one is the right amount of lift???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mely613
    I was just wondering how much front lift is needed to level a 2wd tundra. i've seen kits that lift 1", 2", and 2.5" and all claim to level the truck. which one is the right amount of lift???
    Wheelers OffRoad sells springs for the front that actually level the truck. They lift about 2". I have the 1" Daystar spacer up front that lifted about 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" and looks level. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those, if you want perfectly level, on a 4X4 its probably going to be 2". Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    642 times
    Images

yo mel...see my sig.

(& btw JL is correct)

-s

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Liked
    0 times

I just did the Cornfed 2 1/2" lift on my 2wd TRD Tundra Limited. Without doing the AALs in the rear, the front sits level with the rear. I will let you know what happens after I add the leafs.

Liked
    0 times

I just installed some Protect EZ Lift 1" shock spacers, which, due to the position and ratios and all that good stuff, equal out to about a 2" lift. I think it's just about level, possibly still a hair shorter in the front... check out this PICTURE and judge for yourself...
    Armada 176 AR5s Skis, Look P12 Jib Bindings, Rossignol Bandit B1 Boots, Scott Poles... in the bed of a 2000 V8 Tundra 2x4 Access Cab with:
    JBA Titanium Coated Headers, Stone Mountain Racing Y-Pipe, Flowmaster 50 Exhuast, Teamwest Sway-A-Way Coilovers, Camburg Upper Control Arms, Wheeler's Add-A-Leafs, AEM Brute Force Intake, MB Quarts, US Acoustics Amp, Bazooka Tube, Lots of Dynamat, A.R.E. LSII Tonneau Cover, Sir Michaels Rollpan, Bushwacker Flares, Shaved BSM, Billet Grilles, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, 305/70/16 Pro-Comp X-Terrains, Lots of little things here and there. Future Projects: Color-Coded White Rear Bumper and Tailgate handle, Revalve SAWs, Deaver 11 Leaf Packs, Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks.
    All this info repeated here!

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

[QUOTE=Johnny Law]Wheelers OffRoad sells springs for the front that actually level the truck. They lift about 2". I have the 1" Daystar spacer up front that lifted about 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" and looks level. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those, if you want perfectly level, on a 4X4 its probably going to be 2". Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE

I agree with Johnny Law about the Wheelers coils, I installed mine about 2 weeks ago and I love 'em. I have a 4x4 TRD that used to have that stock "stinkbug" look and looks great now. The truck has a barely noticeable rake and a slightly stiffer ride. I ,as well as many other TSers, highly recommend them. good luck with your choice.

Liked
    0 times

I'm selling the stock springs off of my 4x4 (I upgraded to Wheelers). I've read in this forum that these springs will level out a 4x2. They only have 7,500 miles on them. You can have them for $75 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

Liked
    0 times

Anyone know about adding the 4x4 springs to the TRD 2wd set-up with Cornfed Spacers? I still think my front end is sitting a bit low, and wondered about getting the 4x springs to replace my 2x springs. I have the TRD package with the Bilstiens.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by darth tundra
    Anyone know about adding the 4x4 springs to the TRD 2wd set-up with Cornfed Spacers? I still think my front end is sitting a bit low, and wondered about getting the 4x springs to replace my 2x springs. I have the TRD package with the Bilstiens.
    You can ask Mister B about it. I think he's running this set-up.

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by mely613
    Do yourself a favor and take measurements off your truck. I had an 02 Tundra non TRD that was over 2 inches lower in the front. When I had cornfeds installed it raised the front by 2 inches leaving the front about a quarter inch lower which was perfect. When I purchased my TRD 03 Tundra I found I was only about an inch and a half lower in the front. This time I bought Daystar 1 inch spacers which after they were installed gave me 1 and 3/4 inches of lift bringing the front to about a quarter inch higher. This not only looked just as ridiculous as being raked from the factory, but my headlights were in the trees. So i came back with TRD AALs which brought the back back up about a quarter inch higher than the front. So you can see you that you must take measurements off YOUR truck and then be ready to improvise in order to get the truck looking just like you want it to. Good luck.

Liked
    0 times

Default to lift, or level? ...that... , is the question

I believe that cornfed sells the 2" front spacer as a leveling mod only, and the 2 1/2 front spacer with 1 1/4 " rear block as a front/rear lift. I'd go with the 2" front only, if you just want to be level, so when you put stuff in the bed, you won't feet like you're driving uphill!
    Total Chaos upper "A" arms, Off Road Solutions hub conversion, Sway-A-Way (racerunner) coilovers w/ 3" lift, 1 1/4" Rancho rear blocks, Downey Headers, Flowmaster 40 series, MT Wheels, 285/75R-16 Nitto terra grapplers, clear corner front lenses, skid row skid plate, Pioneer stereo, 8" CDT subwoofers