Best Tundra Lift Kit?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Best Tundra Lift Kit?

Liked
    0 times

Default Best Tundra Lift Kit?

I am interested in knowing your opinion of the best lift kit for my 2005 DC Tundra. I have used the Cornfed 2.5" lift on a past Tundra and it seemed to have worked and looked okay. I would like to stay around the 2.50" front and 1.25" rear lift range. I am always looking for improvements so if you think there is something better, Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

RHill

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Teamwest/camburg UCA's and coilovers
    Base:: 04 Double Cab, 4x4, Natural White, Oak Leather, Heated Seats, Headrest DVD, 6 Disc Changer, Sirius Sportster 4, VSC
    The GOOD STUFF: Unichip, Borla Performance Duals, Camburg Upper Arms, Teamwest Coilovers, 3" Front lift, 1.25 blocks, 285/70/17 Michelin LTX A/T2, 1.5" wheel adapters, Cornfed Differential drop, Hellwig sway bar, Line-X, Folding tonneau cover,TRD mesh grill, Chrome stainless nerf bars, Chromed Stainless bull bar

2nd 04 Sequoia Limited 4X4,Natural White

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by aspenh1
    2nd that one.

I have the same set up on my double cab. The only difference is that my rear end is lifted more than 1.25 inches.

Liked
    0 times

Talking Rev-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by RHill
    I am interested in knowing your opinion of the best lift kit for my 2005 DC Tundra. I have used the Cornfed 2.5" lift on a past Tundra and it seemed to have worked and looked okay. I would like to stay around the 2.50" front and 1.25" rear lift range. I am always looking for improvements so if you think there is something better, Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

RHill
    Rev-Tech makes a great kit if you want to save a bunch of money and don't need the heavy duty off-road performance that the others offer. Mine looks great, and maintains the stock geometry for a stock ride. No need to replace any shocks either. Rev-tech part # 435 for 4x4 application. Good luck.
    Bluesteel Mica '05 Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab 4x4, REV-Tech lift kit, BFG 285/75/16's on Centerline Flint 16x8's. Custom 3" cat-back, w/ flowmaster three chamber, exhaust. Line-X bedliner

Liked
    0 times

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aspenh1

2nd that one.

I have the same set up on my double cab. The only difference is that my rear end is lifted more than 1.25 inches.

I second that , second that, or third that!!! Check my pics.........

TeamWest/Camburg

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by RHill

RHill
    My mods for a 2003 are: FabTech 2.5" coilover lift in front, FabTech rear performance shocks, Revtech 3rd member drop kit, 0.75" spacer block plus an add a leaf in the rear. This provides adequate clearance for moderate off roading and cleans up the soft feel of the stock (or TRD) suspension. The handling on the pavement improved as well with less body roll.

Best lift kit for what purpose? If you are off roading, longer coilovers are heaps better than spacers, and heaps more expensive.
    2003 Stepside, matching shell, lifted, better speakers (not hard to do) satellite radio, better tires, bla bla
    TS: thanks for listening and ditching the crappy linked ads

Liked
    12 times
    Images

This topic belongs in the handling, suspension, & brake forum.

It will be moved to that destination in a few days
    --Cubic22 Thread Moved
    -------------------------

Liked
    6 times

If you have a 4WD and want a serious lift and dont plan on seriously offroading go with the Tuff country or RCD.

2WD Get a coilover kit and Upper control arm, the Donahoe kit is the best on the market now because of built in bumpstop and limiter.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Best Tundra Lift Kit?

i have a 2005 tundra access cab 4x4 and im thinking about a leveling kit and dont know what to go with. i hear everybody talking about 285/75 tire but they r with 16" rim but i have 17" rim and i go with the same leveling kit. i want to do it myself so i will need a nice and easy one as well. i would like 285/75r17 or 33x10.5 r17 tires with stock rims or will i need to change the rims. guys please help a new tundra guy thanx

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    629 times
    Images

Frank-

There have been a few updates in the world of 1st-gen suspension since this thread was originally posted five years ago ...

16" wheels will fit your truck, and there is a greater selection of tire sizes at that wheel size anyway. Aftermarket or OEM is up to you, in general it's not difficult to find OEM 16" alloys since people upgrade to aftermarket wheels, but a nice 16x8 aftermarket wheel with 4" backspacing or so would work very well for a 285/75/16. Good time to change the lugs, too...ARP makes some nice ones, and they're not hard to change out.

If you want to stay with 17" wheels, then any 33" equivalent tire which will acceptably fit your wheels will work.

The least expensive solution is a Bilstein 5100 snap ring kit, using your OEM springs.

The moderately expensive kit is a Bilstein 5100 with a threaded body and straight-wound coil, sold by ToyTec.

The expensive solution is a high-volume coilover with remote reservoir, and straight-wound coil, from Camburg, Radflo, Icon, King, Fox, and a few others.

It all depends on what you need. If this is a DD that rarely (if ever) sees dirt, the 5100 kit will work fine. If it sees a little dirt, step up to the ToyTec kit. If you like to drive hard in the dirt, step up again to the big coilover kits.

-Sean

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Liked
    8 times

Looking at the Toytec kits, the 5100 heigh adjustable front/rear kit looks great. My '00 access cab is bone stock, and the leaf packs are getting tired. I'm thinking this kit w/ one of the rear lift options might work nicely. Am I right in thinking that the add-a-leaf option would help more with weight capacity, over the spacers?

Liked
    45 times

The Front Bilsteins will provide up to 2.5" of lift, and the rears are longer to work with an AAL. We have two different options on the AALs. One will stiffen up the rear and help with loads, the other will make the rear ride much smoother.
    Toyota Tundra Equipment and Accessories at Wheeler's Off-Road

Liked
    8 times

thanks Dan, email sent

Liked
    0 times

I know this is an old thread, but it has a very catchy name, so easy for searches.

I have an 06 Double cab TRD, and have decided to keep it for a while longer. (Just bought the wife a 2011 Camry SE, so payment wise, I need to wait for a new truck, LOL! )

However, I tow. Looking to tow at my max as well soon. Going to sell my motorhome and buy a Toy Hauler trailer. I will be towing right at my max, at around 4500lbs.

I would like to give my truck a modest 2.5" lift, and am currently researching lift kits and hubcentric wheel spacers.

My question along these lines would be, Can you recommend a decent kit that would not compromise my trucks OEM capability, and give it a little better look? Or would I just be better off staying stock?

Thank you ahead of time, Richard.