Osram Rallye 70/65W UHE +50 H4 Replacement Bulb - Page 4

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Osram Rallye 70/65W UHE +50 H4 Replacement Bulb

Liked
    20 times
    Images

Default Re: Osram Rallye 70/65W UHE +50 H4 Replacement Bulb

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
    Yep. Still going strong.
    Cool!!! I ordered the headlight bulbs you suggested & the foglight bulbs suggested above at Candlepower. Once I get them installed, I'll offer up my opinion. The Narva Contrast bulbs are, & appear to have been, out of stock for quite some time....
    2005 Tundra D/C 4x4 Limited-Finest Vehicle I've owned yet!! "Freedom is not just a right, it is a responsibility!!"

Bilstein 5100's all around, (Set on 3rd Notch up front), Westin Sportsman Grill-Guard, Dirty-Deeds Ind. BAMuffler, (Love it!!), Flexi-Lite Dual Electric Fans, (Best MPG Improver yet!!!), Upgraded Head&Fog bulbs, & a few other tidbits that probably won't matter to you all, but I really like!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2943 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TundraDad1 View Post
    Cool!!! I ordered the headlight bulbs you suggested & the foglight bulbs suggested above at Candlepower. Once I get them installed, I'll offer up my opinion. The Narva Contrast bulbs are, & appear to have been, out of stock for quite some time....
    Get the license plate bulbs as well. Inexpensive but a BIG difference!
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    2943 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TundraDad1 View Post
    Get the license plate bulbs as well. Inexpensive but a BIG difference! Buy 4 of them; use two in the license plates and two in the door courtesy lights.
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    20 times
    Images

The headlight & fog-light bulbs were a huge improvement for me!! They've made a big difference in my ability to spot the deer eyes that riddle my route to & from work!! Very happy with the change!!
    Remmy700P likes this.
    2005 Tundra D/C 4x4 Limited-Finest Vehicle I've owned yet!! "Freedom is not just a right, it is a responsibility!!"

Bilstein 5100's all around, (Set on 3rd Notch up front), Westin Sportsman Grill-Guard, Dirty-Deeds Ind. BAMuffler, (Love it!!), Flexi-Lite Dual Electric Fans, (Best MPG Improver yet!!!), Upgraded Head&Fog bulbs, & a few other tidbits that probably won't matter to you all, but I really like!!!

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Interesting thread. My dealer wants $98 to replace a single headlamp. Then again, it's the original in my '03, so about 9 years old.

How long are these bulbs (subject) expected to last? They are on sale now for $19 ea or $35/pair. But with this vague disclaimer: This bulb does have a shorter life than does the OEM bulb this replaces.

Do you recommend replacing both when just one is gone?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pnosko; 12-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    2003 Tundra AC 4.7 V8

Liked
    1799 times
    Images

$98 for the headlamp bulb and not the headlamp assembly? Wow!
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    2943 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by pnosko View Post
    Interesting thread. My dealer wants $98 to replace a single headlamp. Then again, it's the original in my '03, so about 9 years old.

How long are these bulbs (subject) expected to last? They are on sale now for $19 ea or $35/pair. But with this vague disclaimer: This bulb does have a shorter life than does the OEM bulb this replaces.

Do you recommend replacing both when just one is gone?

Thanks.
    Are you sure he isn't quoting for the entire headlight assembly replacement?

I would replace both sides (bulb OR headlamp) at the same time. That's just me. I wouldn't be able to stand the light/color difference side to side.

I've been running these bulbs since the beginning of this thread. They are still going strong. As long as they are commercially available, I will never buy any other bulb.

jv
    Liked
    15 times
    Images

I've had good results with the following, just my 2 cents.

GE 9006NHS/BP2 Nighthawk SPORT Headlight Bulbs (2 Pack)

Pretty reasonably priced i reckon and they're a nice improvement over stock for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jv; 01-13-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    48 times

well I have been useing my replacements for over a year ........and am still surprized as to how good they work.......I am VERY pleased with them......once agian thanks Remmy
    Remmy700P likes this.
    STATE OF CONFUSION

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
    Are you sure he isn't quoting for the entire headlight assembly replacement?

I would replace both sides (bulb OR headlamp) at the same time. That's just me. I wouldn't be able to stand the light/color difference side to side.

I've been running these bulbs since the beginning of this thread. They are still going strong. As long as they are commercially available, I will never buy any other bulb.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why I no longer get thread-update notifications. I used to.

I'll give them a try. I'm is a rush now. I got pulled over and cited and have 30 days to show proof that I fixed it or my registration will be suspended. (grrrr)

Here's the actual (outrageous) list of recommendations scanned off my service ticket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TundraFixList_20121130.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	92501
    LEFT HEADLIGHT BULB $98.00
    2003 Tundra AC 4.7 V8

Liked
    5 times

I got a set of these because of the recommendations around here. I had them for about 6 months and loved them, they were brighter than stock and not too expensive.

Last month I was in the Smokies and was running some Forest Service roads in steady rain. I did go through about a 1.5' deep stream earlier the same day. I had someone stop me and tell me a headlight was out, which it was. I did not give it a whole lot of thought, but figured it was a fluke. About dark while driving back to camp, I noticed NEITHER headlights were working. WTH. Luckily the highbeams were still working as it was dusk and I was driving into an area on a curvy forest service road that many people were exiting at the time. SO they could not see me coming around the corner without my highs on.

Anyhow, made it home to camp and then changed them the next day. Did not see any apparent issues with them. They looked like they had just burned out. It must have been some combo of the bouncy road and the rain to have them both go out the same day. This was not the first time on a trail, the rain or a stream.

So, although I did like them, the set I got both had issues. I had run me prior runs for 3 years.

I am not telling anyone ot avoid them, just be aware that if you drive in similar situations, you may have some issues with them.
    CB
    04 Tundra DC Limited 4WD/5100's/AAL/Cooper ST 285's

Liked
    127 times

I wish I had seen this post a few months ago, I shucked out 50 for the Sylvania Ultrawhatevers, and they're not bad, but I think I'ma give these a try for that pc

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

I installed these a month ago and am quite pleased. Add me to the list of fans.
    Remmy700P and SuckersWalk like this.
    2003 Tundra AC 4.7 V8

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
    I got a set of these because of the recommendations around here. I had them for about 6 months and loved them, they were brighter than stock and not too expensive.

Last month I was in the Smokies and was running some Forest Service roads in steady rain. I did go through about a 1.5' deep stream earlier the same day. I had someone stop me and tell me a headlight was out, which it was. I did not give it a whole lot of thought, but figured it was a fluke. About dark while driving back to camp, I noticed NEITHER headlights were working. WTH. Luckily the highbeams were still working as it was dusk and I was driving into an area on a curvy forest service road that many people were exiting at the time. SO they could not see me coming around the corner without my highs on.

Anyhow, made it home to camp and then changed them the next day. Did not see any apparent issues with them. They looked like they had just burned out. It must have been some combo of the bouncy road and the rain to have them both go out the same day. This was not the first time on a trail, the rain or a stream.

So, although I did like them, the set I got both had issues. I had run me prior runs for 3 years.

I am not telling anyone ot avoid them, just be aware that if you drive in similar situations, you may have some issues with them.
    So, has anyone else experienced any issues with their Osrams?

I have tried the Silversstar 'white' bulbs, which were bright white, and some of the standard Silverstars. Neither seemed to put out much useable light. There was considerabley less area being lit with either of them compared to the Osrams. Got the whites first thinking they would be the brightest, then switched over to the standars because the whites didn't cut it.

Now I am considering purchasing a set of the Osrams again. Maybe I got a bad batch, maybe the strem I crossed that day just happened to put some water in the right place, but it seems like eveyone has been happy with them.

Thoes of you that have been running them for a while (looks at Remmy), what kind of life have you been getting out of yours?
    CB
    04 Tundra DC Limited 4WD/5100's/AAL/Cooper ST 285's

Liked
    2943 times
    Images

Still going strong. Been two years now; I consider that more than adequate for any vehicle headlight bulb.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  2. 06-27-2011, 02:23 AM