Toyota Tundra Forums banner

2010 Leaf Springs?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ASE_Master-Tech 
#1 ·
Hey all.. tried to do a search, but to much stuff came up.
I was just wondering if there was a TSB for the leaf springs on the 2010 4x4 Tacoma trucks. I know there was one a while back.. something about 2 leaf springs instead of the 3 like there is supposed to be.
Tell you the truth I'm a bit lost on this....I have 2 leafs from the back of the bed, and 2 from the front...should there be 3 instead?.. I'll post pics in the morning if I can find my camera.

Again sorry if I'm not making much sense.. i just woke up for some ungodly reason and need more coffee.

Steve

#2 ·
OK.. now that I've had 4 cups of coffee, maybe I can explain a bit better.

When going over any small bump on the road, the front tires nail it fine, while the rear tires bump hard. Even going over speed bumps really slow, front tires fine, rear tires you can feel, and hear a thump.

Not sure whats going on, but on a 2010 DC 4x4 LB TRD Sport with only 1054 miles on it.. it shouldn't be this rough on the rear end going over any small bump on the road.

And the leaf springs, where they are stacked on tpp of each other.. should it be 6?.. or 4? :confused:

Thanks
Steve

#4 ·
I had the TSB on my 09 tacoma last year.The 08s are included as well.The cause of this issue is the sagging rear end of the truck when loaded even with only half of the capacity. When loaded and driven over bumps it will bottom out due to weak leaf springs in the back.I only have 3 leaf springs when i got the truck.The TSB replaced the set with 4 leafs.

#5 ·
You have to remember your driving a truck. If you put some weight in the back, it will ride better. I have a 2003 Tacoma doublecab and it only has 2 leafs and has been fine for 7 years. It does ride better with some weight in the bed.
Gotcha dude.
Still don't think its usual. I've even experienced it carrying 300lbs of repair mortar in the bed, spaced out evenly.
My '06 Prerunner access cab didnt ride as rough, nor did my '08 5.7 DC Tundra

#6 ·
Gotcha dude.
Still don't think its usual. I've even experienced it carrying 300lbs of repair mortar in the bed, spaced out evenly.
My '06 Prerunner access cab didnt ride as rough, nor did my '08 5.7 DC Tundra

Here is a thread on the TSB and you can get it done on the 2010 if you explain that it won't carry a load without bottoming out.

It took me several times to get mine done at the dealer.

Thread on TSB rear springs --> http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tacoma/166277-2009-tacoma-rear-springs-problems/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.