Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Revtek, wheels and trailering

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Manoah 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 2011 Toyota Sequoia Ltd. and am looking at installing the Revtek lift/leveling kit. I noticed that the rear spacers of the kit are polyurethane and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about how these spacers would hold up under the additional load of towing a trailer. I have a 26.5 ft Sportsman with an approximate tongue weight of 600 lbs.

Anybody towing with the Revtek kit installed? Any problems?

As well, I am looking at putting custom wheels on the Sequoia come spring. My intentions were to stick with the 20" wheel size but have heard differing comments about 20" vs 18" wheels when towing. Some say the 20" is better due to a stiffer sidewall in the lower profile tire while others maintain the 18" is better. Any thoughts by those who use there truck for towing?

In either case, I plan on replacing the stock P-rated tires with LT-rated tires.

Any input would be most welcome.

#2 ·
i had zero problems towing with my 305/45/22's, im not lifted yet though, so no comment on that. i towed a 26' camper trailer, with minor off roading, not even a slight problem. in the future im looking at doing the same lift and upgrading to 35" tires, and will continue to tow. that wont happen for a year or two though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.