Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Ran My 2011 DBL Cab Through Snow Workout

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  rGSXR750j 
#1 ·
All I can say is this truck (4.6L, 4x4 DBL Cab, Winter Package, 18" wheels) did not miss a beat. Got it up into the mountains yesterday just in time to catch the snow. Went through creeks, climbed ~35 degree hills packed in 6-8"" of snow. Cut our on path to the summit. Can you still see my grin?

Here are couple pics of the day.

-178S

See less See more
#4 ·
Cool pics!

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Had a Ford for over 12 years and I will say this is by far waaay more fun. Just wish I could get off work to take it back up when they open the roads tomorrow.

Now, what will that first accessory be???? :D

-178S

#9 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Had a Ford for over 12 years and I will say this is by far waaay more fun. Just wish I could get off work to take it back up when they open the roads tomorrow.

-178S
Bought my Tundra from the same dealer. Al Gaines is awesome. Took my 2wd to Big Bear last week and went no where fast. If i didnt have the nannies i would of just sat at the light and spun.

#12 ·
Nice. Looks like you had a great time and it's good to hear the Tundra didn't miss a beat. Wish we had snow in Dallas!

#13 ·
Nice pics...I have virtually the same truck (salsa red pearl) but a 2010. It handles great in the snow (had 22 in. in 24 hrs. last week). I can't tell because of the snow coverage, but if you don't have them, first mod. should be some nice foglights to fill those blanks!

#14 ·
looks cold. my butt woudlnt be getting out of the truck to take pics, thats for sure hahaha.

#15 ·
Great pictures by the way. I am from Dallas and Just got back from Big Bear mtn my self visiting some family . Took some pics as well in a couple of turnouts. Went ahead and left a day early due to them expecting about one foot of snow! On top of what was already on the ground. 2wd 5.7 CMAX and no chains! Bad idea in the mountain. First big road trip in the Tundra(3300miles).20- 21mpg from Tucumcari to Amarillo,TX

#16 ·

-178S
NFabs nerf bars and Weather Techs so you don't stain your carpet. Wet Okole's to protect your seats.

#17 ·
Nice...i ran my truck through a blizzard where it got over 40 inches in a weekend. It ran amazing with the stock tires!!! i have pics, but don't have my internet back up since i just moved!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.