help, trying to think, it's not going well - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: help, trying to think, it's not going well

Liked
    265 times
    Images

Default Re: help, trying to think, it's not going well

I started riding my bike (motor-type) to run errands. I am not giving up my truck as that would be a sin!
    Pacific NW Hippo
    BMW MOA; '03 K1200RS
    PCA since 1995; '78 911SC, '88 928S4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    694 times
    Images

Default Re: help, trying to think, it's not going well

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    I'd love a Subi, always wanted one, but they don't get great mileage either. I agree clean 240's are hard to come by, when the drift craze caught on in the states it depleted so many. I see them with smashed rear fenders all day and shake my head hoping they learned to drift doing that.

Gator, it is a buyers market, but it's harder to get loans now. If you can get a loan, and really afford it, it's a great time to buy. Part of why I don't want to get into that is the business I'm in changes rapidly, it's growing but it's still unstable. I may be taking a pay cut soon pending a promotion that disqualifies me from OT pay, it's not the time for myself to buy.

For now, I'm going to drive conservatively and log how much I can lower what I spend on gas. I stuck the old K&N hot air intake on since I'm on freeways so often I figure it should help. When I started this thread, gas was $4.13 for 87, driving home it was $4.39.
    OK. Thanks for the info. I hear you on the rising gas prices. I retired August so I now stay home a lot. I've worked for a paycheck since I was 15. Back then I could drive myself down dirt roads to a farm to work during summer. Gas was 29.9 cents a gallon. So, I've worked 50 years and now gas prices keep me home. Oh, I can go out or take a trip if I want to but all unnecessary driving has stopped. Thanks for sharing your views.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. Added some pics from Ireland trip to Photobucket link. 2005 reg.cab long bed. A/C, 5 sp auto, cold weather pkg. V8, 4WD, LSD, Desert Sand. LT245-75-16 Firestone Destination AT . ExtangTrifectatonneau. Rugged Liner bedliner, Lund vent visors. Classic Accessories back seat gun case, rear breather mod., Tom Tom 550XXL. Clean Breaze rear sliding window screen. Deer head antennae topper. Willie Robinson bobble head, coon tail on whip antennae, curb feelers, rocks in the hub caps, Rebel Flag on roof.
    http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/Gatorman76_photos/?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.