Guns & Ammo (Not the magazine) PART 2 - Page 52
  1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4247484950515253 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Guns & Ammo (Not the magazine) PART 2

Liked
    260 times
    Images

Default Re: Guns & Ammo (Not the magazine) PART 2

This isn't much to brag compared to a lot of of firearms shown already. In anycase, this is my recently acquired Glock 22 .40 cal. My brother gave it to me, FREE, when he purchased his Gen 4 Glock 22 .40 cal law enforcement model. Still planning on building my M-4

Last edited by dyogim; 05-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Gatorman76 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    680 times
    Images

UN to vote on 07/27/12. Voice your objection by going on dickmorris.com and signing the petition or write your own letters to your representatives. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMe...layer_embedded
    H2O_MAN and UPbuilder like this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. Added some pics from Ireland trip to Photobucket link. 2005 reg.cab long bed. A/C, 5 sp auto, cold weather pkg. V8, 4WD, LSD, Desert Sand. LT245-75-16 Firestone Destination AT . ExtangTrifectatonneau. Rugged Liner bedliner, Lund vent visors. Classic Accessories back seat gun case, rear breather mod., Tom Tom 550XXL. Clean Breaze rear sliding window screen. Deer head antennae topper. Willie Robinson bobble head, coon tail on whip antennae, curb feelers, rocks in the hub caps, Rebel Flag on roof.
    http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/Gatorman76_photos/?

Obama lies ~ the economy dies H2O_MAN's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times

Quote Originally Posted by dyogim View Post
    My brother gave it to me, FREE, when he purchased his Gen 4 Glock 22 .40 cal law enforcement model.
    FREE Glocks are always worthy of bragging rights.
    Gatorman76 and Remmy700P like this.

2002 REGULAR CAB - LONG BED - 4WD - V8 - SR5

Liked
    680 times
    Images

Listen. I just received a partial order of my reloading supplies. The 7mm bullets arrived but the primers are back ordered. What does THAT tell you? Folks are stocking up. They are afraid supplies will dry up, and then be banned. These are HUNTING SUPPLIES! I've been reloading ammo for 20 years. I've had a CCW since 1986. But our society has changed. It's no longer families consisting of mom, pop, kids, grand kids, aunts, uncles, cousins, & friends whose families are like minded. We are a nation of those just described plus the rest, who are lost! They have no roots. They have no idea WHY America is exceptional. They have found safety in the give-away programs of our federal government. We need to form a political party of strict Constitutionalists, based on original intent and freedom to pursue your dream. Or, freedom to do nothing. But, it is not for society to finance doing nothing. OK. A compasionate society will allow certain members a pass. But, listen; I had a brain hemmorage right after I left the military service of the United States. I am paralized on my left side & I have occasional seizures if my meds get out of whack. Despite that, I completed a degree at U. of FL(Hence my moniker) and worked 40 years until I retired last year. I am not bragging on myself. I am saying those capable of producing need to get busy doing so. Those too disabled to work need their family to care for them. We do not need to pay women to have illigitamate children so they can sit on their sofa all day and let the boyfriend de jure live off the woman's welfare, which is provided by taxpayers, for insuring the child's safety.
    Last edited by Gatorman76; 07-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    H2O_MAN and UPbuilder like this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. Added some pics from Ireland trip to Photobucket link. 2005 reg.cab long bed. A/C, 5 sp auto, cold weather pkg. V8, 4WD, LSD, Desert Sand. LT245-75-16 Firestone Destination AT . ExtangTrifectatonneau. Rugged Liner bedliner, Lund vent visors. Classic Accessories back seat gun case, rear breather mod., Tom Tom 550XXL. Clean Breaze rear sliding window screen. Deer head antennae topper. Willie Robinson bobble head, coon tail on whip antennae, curb feelers, rocks in the hub caps, Rebel Flag on roof.

Liked
    680 times
    Images

Headed to the gun shop Sat. morning to pick up my new Glock 17. Unlike the ATF, it will be legally purchased, not smuggled into a foreign country, and won't be used to kill a law enforcement officer.
    H2O_MAN likes this.

Liked
    92 times

Delivery of my Blackfeather RS has been delayed.

The Canadian manufacturer must furnish all US customers a filled out ATF form 6 that we need to sign in triplicate, mail to the ATF office in WV, then wait for the federal officials to issue personal importation permits and mail them back to each and every customer, we then make copies and mail everything to the Canadian manufacturer, they in turn slap the permit on the box containing the stock and ship it to the US customer... that's a lot of hoops to jump through and we are currently looking into importing bulk quantities into the US to streamline the process.

Liked
    680 times
    Images

OOPS! Forgot to post the pic of the new Glock! It's going on the train with me to SC. Well, not on me. Like the airlines, it rides in checked baggage. Like THAT does a he!! of a lot of good! Anyway, we thought it would be fun to ride the train and take the grand-daughter. It won't take any less time but it's like towing a wet bar and Port-O-Let with you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glock 17 002.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	815.4 KB 
ID:	89302
    H2O_MAN likes this.

Liked
    680 times
    Images

What a crock! And THAT coming from a Gator. The train is NOT the way to go. I remember riding the train with my parents, back in the late '50's up to D.C. I do not recall any bad experiences. I remember it as fun. Of course, I was a young'un. The train ride the family had Friday was not what you'd call racially integrated. It was the "pants on the ground", headphone be-bop, backwards hat, undisciplined riff-raff ruining our schools and any blank wall they can find to desecrate crowd. First, the checked baggage, since I was taking a pistol to SC and shoot some with my daughter, son-in-law, and my son, I declared it and put it in checked baggage. The clerk at the station asked me to unlock the case and show her. I also had a cable lock through the magazine well in the grip running out the breach, which of course was open. She asked me if it was unloaded? I'm thinking, "How the heck would you know the difference? Why am I checking a gun on the train with someone who knows nothing about them? And... Since there is no place on the Glock case to put a lock I used my Smith&Wesson handgun case which does and carried the empty Glock case, also. Both cases were side by side. She never asked to look in the Glock case! So, I get it though the rigorous checkpoint and was given a receipt to pick up my, "rifle" she said, at my destination. Well, if I ever ride the train again, which I won't, I'll just wear the gun on me, since there was no metal detector, either. From what I saw, nothing on the train was worth hijacking.
    The visit with kids and grandkids was great! Sunday we cooked out by the pool. Just burgers and dogs but we were mostly there to see the kids and grandkids, anyhow. I have to preface the next part so you understand the situation. I had a brain hemorrhage in 1972 that left my Left arm & leg very weak. So I'm in the pool, my son is on the far side of the pool, and his two year old and my other son's four year old are playing on the stairs leading into the pool, The little one gets pushed by the big one and falls into the pool and sinks like a rock! I get there as quick as I can and go underwater, pick up the baby and lift her out of the water. But I cannot get a foothold due to my bad leg so I'm trying to stay afloat while holding the baby up and out of the water. My son saw what happened and raced to help. I'm using my arms to hold the child up, meanwhile trying to swim with my good leg and catch a breath. My son gets there and says, "I got her, dad"! I'm thinking, "Great! But who's got me"! Anyway, with my arms free I can right myself and get my feet on the bottom. Oh yeah. It was my birthday. We celebrated the night before by going out to dinner. Guess who paid? It was worth every penny!
    Last edited by Gatorman76; 08-20-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: mood & conjugation, ha ha
    H2O_MAN and Remmy700P like this.

Liked
    92 times

I recently reconfigured my CQB-16 EBR with a new butt stock and cheek rest.

Gatorman76 likes this.

Liked
    92 times

Lightbulb Re: Guns & Ammo (Not the magazine) PART 2

Do you know someone that wants and can afford
    a one of a kind high end precision semi-auto rifle?

Sturmgewehr Semi-Auto Market Board

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

[QUOTE=matttom;241094]So far everyone else has made good points. I'll add my 2 cents, I didn't see anyone mention how the gun fits! I carry the Glock 22 which is the large frame 40. The 23 is a small gun I did not like how it felt my hand. I have small to medium sized hands and it felt like I could hardly hang on to it.

So my advice is to check out a couple of brands and shoot them to get a feel.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have a 23 and large hands. I added a magwell from the Glockstore. It makes the 23 fit like a glove. You may want to take a look at the video on their site. The URL is:
    Magazine Well For Glocks - GlockStore.com.

Liked
    680 times
    Images

OK. The Dept. of Homeland Security(DHS) ordered 750 million rounds of hollow point ammo. Then, it ordered another 750 million rounds. The Social Security Admin. ordered 175,000 rounds and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency ordered 45,000 rounds; all hollow points. We are told these are practice rounds for their agents. Who is NOAA going to shoot? SSA? Us old farts? Us crips?Not the street gang, us feeble old entitlement recipients. One way to reduce the budget, I guess. DHS? I can't even add 750 million plus 750 million. What's that? 1.5 billion? BILLION? Five rounds for every citizen? Really? First, nobody uses hollow points for training or practice. You use el cheapo hard ball or even solid lead bullets of the same weight as your carry ammo. It appears the feds are just spreading the cost of buying ammo(which they always call 'bullets' even though they are cartridges, not bullets. The news people will NEVER get that figured out. Well, I don't know if buying all this ammo is some sort of conspiracy to shoot us all(Bang,....bang,bang,bang,bang. Dead yet)? But it should drive prices up. Maybe that is the conspiracy!
    Last edited by Gatorman76; 11-17-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Stupid mistake.

Liked
    680 times
    Images

Lookey what my youngest son is getting me. Ruger 10/22 Take Down Rifle - YouTube You can skip the first minute of the video. Anyhow, we are all having T-Giving dinner at my wife's brother's home & I'm getting an early Christmas present. I've already ordered a couple of spare 25 round Ruger mags. The guy in the vid. said I can use it on zombies, but that's a no-brainer. Now, if my son will only return my stainless 30-06 & Benchmade Rift.

Liked
    680 times
    Images

Got the photo of it. Picking it up tomorrow!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	91793Attachment 0
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (1).JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	91794
    Ammo, red dot scope, & 2100 rounds of ammo on order. "Fun, fun, fun, 'till daddy takes the ammo away!"