Toyota Tundra Forums banner

How to identify towing package ?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  darkday 
#1 ·
I am planning on towing a car (2300 pounds) about 50 miles in a couple month with a uhaul trailer. The main thing that has my concern is if I actually have the tow package on my 04 tundra double cab. I have the 2 inch reciever but it appears to be bolted to the bumper only ? I think with the trailer and everything it will weigh about 4500 so I kind of hope I have it but I will never benefit from it any other time because all I ever tow is my little boat thats a few hundred pounds a few miles down the road.

#2 ·
Doesn't matter if you have the tow package or not given your situation. The tow package from the factory is option code TO. If you have the window sticker, you can look on there. If not, just look to see if you have a factory installed trans cooler and the 7-pin RV connector at the rear bumper. If not, you don't have the package. Given the weight and distance of your tow, not a big deal if you don't have the package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.