Which is the best spray in bed-liner?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

View Poll Results: Which spray in bed-liner did you choose?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rhino Liner

8 20.51%
  • Line-X

29 74.36%
  • Perma-Tech

0 0%
  • Ultimate Liner

2 5.13%

Thread: Which is the best spray in bed-liner?

ctm
    Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Which is the best spray in bed-liner?

Anybody that's willing to comment, I'd like to hear your input.

When I bought my Tundra in April, I immediately had a Rhino liner put in it. At that time, it was the only brand I knew. My experience with the local dealer was very good. I also bought a truck cap from him as I use my Tundra as a dog hauler (3 big Siberian Huskies) even though i like the looks better without.

During the process of spending upwards of $1,700 with this guy, I learned he had just started this dealership last October and said he was on target to do a million in total revenue this year. That's in his first year now!! (that's liners, caps, access., etc)

He told me he did a lot of fleet business, municipal, state vehicles etc. besides the average new truck guy like myself. So based on that the wheels started to turn as I've been looking for a business to start now for a couple of years.

I've talked to the Rhino guys out of San Diego and they are high pressure. I've talked to Perma-Tech out of Cleveland and they are cool and seem high tech but they just sold out the area I was interested in.

I don't know anything about Line-X but I see on their web page they quote Tundra Solutions from an Oct. 11th poll on-line as the 2:1 favorite of users on this website.

So anyway I'm burning up this whole year and need to get off dead center with this thing or walk away from it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Am I biased?

Sure. But I also think that an objective evaluation of the players in the spray on market will point most folks towards LINE-X. Why? Well, to begin with, LINE-X is the only nationally franchised spray on in the country, with over 400 dealers now in operation. It is also the only spray on that offers a nationwide, lifetime warranty... good at any of those 400 dealers and backed by the corporation. That's simply not the case with any of the competitors in the market. It stands to reason that in order to provide that kind of protection to the buyer, quality standards for product and application have to be very strict.

I'd hasten to add that there are some good products on the market, many of which I'd MUCH rather have in my truck than a drop-in liner. Drop-ins are disasters! They will abrade the paint, warp, trap dirt and moisture promoting rust and corrosion. LINE-X completely and permanently seals the bed of your truck eliminating moisture, rust and corrosion.

In short, there are a lot of options in the spray on market but none measure up on an objective comparison. We welcome the opportunity to compare "ours to theirs" so, don't take my word for it... look around and judge for yourself.

Regards,

Sam
    Director of Communications

Liked
    0 times

Default Spray on Liner

I decided on the Line-X for two main reasons: 1) It has the highest "Shore Hardness" of the spray ons. That is a measure of relative resistance to indentation, ie. How tough is it, and 2) It has the highest tensile strength. That is a measure of its resistance to tearing by a pulling force, so if you dent the bed the Line-X should just flex with the metal and stay attached.

Being an Engineer by profession, these characteristics helped me choose this product. My personal satisfaction with the product has FORCED me to reply to posts here on TS with positive feedback.
    - Mark
    Just a hangin' out.

ctm
    Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I just received some material from Line-X and the first thing I noticed that the little sample they sent was considerably harder than either the Rhino or Perma-Tech piece.

Prior to receiving that, I thought they were all the same material just a difference in name recognition and marketing!

Liked
    0 times

As jnespappa mentioned, the Line-X is tough stuff. I've been very happy with the durability of my liner.

I put a nice dent in the top corner of my tailgate about a year ago and didn't even notice the damage until I compared the two ends to verify that I had crushed the top down (about 4" long x 1/4" deep/down). The liner looks untouched and unless you study both ends you really can't even tell it's damaged.

Also, since it's not as rubbery as some of the others, you can slide things over it, but be aware that it abrades anything soft. Be careful and don't try and slide things like wood or leather furniture over it, you may not be happy with the results.

T

7. 01-23-2007, 10:55 AM

Reason
    unauthorized ads

8. 02-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Rookie

Reason
    unauthorized ads

Liked
    47 times

Default Re: Which is the best spray in bed-liner?

interesting how Speedliner was left out. I had speedliner in my Tacoma, and it was great! Outperforms LineX and Rhino with tensile strength and shore hardness...did a great job keeping the bed of my taco from getting too bent up...granted, it does take longer to cure. I dropped my truck off, and it was ready the next day...not too bad, but not as quick as LineX or Rhino.
    "I'm not stupid; I'm big boned!"- Woody

CBTMA Member

Liked
    359 times

Line-X has my vote I am only familiar with Rhino and Line-X..I have had Rhino in a previous truck...wasnt super impressed so I when I got the Tundra I had Line-X done, I have color matched Line-X on the bumpers of my Subaru and I love it. If I could afford to Line-X my Rear Bumper, ARB front bumper and a few other spots on the Tundra I would do it
    The texture shows really good in the pics of my Subaru (in my album) if your interested
    2007 Tundra DC 4.7 SR5 TRD 4X4
    Garmin Nuvi 1300T
    Stubby antenna

Clear Bra,
    ARB Bumper,
    Line-X,
    325/60/18 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radials,
    18" KMC XD Hoss Black,
    ARE CX Series Topper,
    KC Rally 800 long range lights,
    Tinted windows,
    Wet Okoles Frt & Rear,
    Weather Tech rain deflectors,
    Weather Tech floor liners frt/rear,
    Ready Lift 2.4"
    Bel Vector 995 Radar Detector,
    Wilson cellular booster,
    Cobra 75 WX ST Compact/Remote CB,
    Sirius Satellite Radio,
    S&W .38 Spl Laser grip (hot pink),
    TRD sway bar (black widow style),
    Debadged except TRD sticker,
    Roxy Sticker
    TS Tank Top
    Horn Blaster train horn, ARB rear bumper (if they ever make one) or line-x rear bumper, Color matched fender flares, Underseat storage of some sort, Winch (if i can ever afford one), Sun roof! Going broke thinking about it.

Liked
    4 times
    Images

I've got Line-x in my Tundra as well. This is my first spray in liner that I've purchased...but so far I have absolutely no complaints.
    jmac_52...

Endeavor to persevere....Chief Dan George

"Don't taze me God!!!" GGWoody

12. 03-28-2009, 03:54 AM

Banned

Reason
    international spam

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Which is the best spray in bed-liner?

I have been spraying QWIK Liner for about 2 years and find the product excellent. The ease of the product to work with and low odor is wonderful. QWIK Liner is everything it says it is! it's fast. QWIK Liner can be applied as fast as 1 hour from start to finish so customer satisfaction is very good, this included prep.Don't have to leave there vehicle over night they can pick it up the same day.

Liked
    0 times

I've had Line-X and Line-Xtra. If you can get the Line-Xtra, get it!! After one year with the Line-X it was faded and would come come up in little pieces if poked at with a sharp object. Their Warranty was great, I would swing by the shop and they would fix it for no charge. BUT with the Line-xtra its a year and half old and it still looks good as new, no fading or problems.
    07 White,DC Limited TRD and 5.7

Added: 2.5 leveling kit, TRD CAI, TRD Sway, Line-Xtra,UWS truck box, and bed extender.

Liked
    186 times

I don't have a preference for any one product. If I were going to do a business, I would get all franchise info and where their other dealers were compared to you. Find out what it would truly cost to set up. The get your top 3 and go talk to other owners. I would call distant places so to avoid possible competitors.
    Ask how much the company supports and taxes you.
    Then go to some fleets and see if they use anything and if they would. How much would they be willing to pay? In my locality, I know of no fleets that use any liner. Between crew abuse and weather, trucks don't last long so their seems no advantage to them.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

I've had both Rhino and Line-x, and in my opinion Line-x wins hands down. It looks great, and stays looking great (xtra coating). Doesn't rip when shoveling dirt or mulch in the bed. I had to remove the old rhino lining after an accident last year, and was not impressed at how the install was. The rhino was very uneven, extremely thick in some areas. The Linex is exactly the same thickness throughout the liner.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Talking Re: Which is the best spray in bed-liner?

I love my line-x to death and it has saved my bacon many times since it keeps me from sliding around in my truck's bed when I'm in there with my shoes on!!

Sanosuke!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Line-X is pretty good, I used FX Coatings. I didn't wanna break my bank but I needed something that was going to last for a long time because the last coating I got chipped and faded in 6 months with the line of work I am in. The FX Coatings spray-lining didn't chip, fade, or even scratch after really heavy abuse. I think they are a great company and have since used them for other applications. I was considering being an applicator after I realized how many beds and floors they were doing a month.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-22-2012, 04:29 PM