Factory order delivery time, etc.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory order delivery time, etc.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Factory order delivery time, etc.

I've been looking around for a while for CrewMax and can't find what I want in the SF Bay Area so I think I'm about to order one from the factory. Anybody have recent experience with factory order times and the order process. Any gotchas to be aware of?

I have conflicting info on current rebates. One dealer claims there is a current $2k rebate (not the one that expired on 1/2/08) but I can't find an online-pricing source that mentions this current rebate. I understand that promotional rebates apply at time of delivery and so there is no guarantee of a rebate on a factory order. Seems reasonable to me but is that correct?

The problem is I really like the red rock leather and super white exterior and there just don't seem to be many well optioned (moonroof, etc.) CrewMax's in that config.

Thanks

Darryl

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Factory order delivery time, etc.

The rebates are whatever they are when you take delivery ... I was told 2 months for a build ... but it could take less if they already have a truck slated to be built for dealer stock and they can or will change it to your specifications

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

I am in the early stages of getting my CM Ltd 4x4 TRD, with options as a special order vehicle / allocation vehicle to a dealer in the bay area. This vehicle will be made to my individual specifications and no dealer would have a similiar vehicle on the lot.

It will take 4 to 6 months (maybe a little less) and I have the patience to wait for exactly what I want. I keep my vehicles forever and will be replacing a 1982 truck.

The comment on the rebate, when the truck is delivered is correct. I have no doubt there will be a rebate on my truck given the economy, tax season fast approching and gas prices are affecting full size truck sales.

I am getting a good deal on the exact truck I want and anticipate years of faithful service.

Good Luck with your decision.

Liked
    66 times
    Images

PM SFTundraMan he is in the area and does internet sales
    2007 Salsa Red Limited Crewmax
    Nav, Sonar, 20" Carved Wheels
    Born in TEXAS Built by TEXANS
    aFe Stage II Pro-S Dry Si
    Corsa Sport Single Cat Back Exhaust

Liked
    0 times

I special ordered my 08. Dealer was able to change a truck that was already on order. My wait will be 4 to 6 wks. Rebate will apply when we have a vin# and the Tundra is ready to be shipped. I should have my 08 in Feb.

Liked
    6 times

Just remember Toyota does NOT special build to a customer but rather send a allotment of trucks to a area and this is where your dealer will get a truck close to what you want. It could happen in 2 weeks or 12 months
    Silver Sky / All Black Interior 4X4 DC 4.7 L
    Truxport Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover
    Bridgestone REVO'S 265-70-18
    WeatherTech Floor Liners
    Rampage Running Boards
    Wheelskin Leather Wrap
    Auto-Dim Mirror

Liked
    1 times

I waited 5 months for my LTD CM. The way I looked at it is for that kind of money, I'm damned well going to get it in the colour I want and with the options I want.

Dale McLean
    aka PS-RagE
    House of RagE
    See Road RagE II thread for details

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dafoot View Post
    I special ordered my 08. Dealer was able to change a truck that was already on order. My wait will be 4 to 6 wks. Rebate will apply when we have a vin# and the Tundra is ready to be shipped. I should have my 08 in Feb.
    How does the dealer able to find out that they could change a truck that was already slated for my area? How soon after your ordered did you get such information. I only ask cause now I am considering ordering mine also!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

What I am talking about is a custom order, maybe a change of a build already in process. Although Toyota normally works on an standard build/allocation scheme. I believe custom orders are completely doable - are you really sure they are not?

Of course individual dealers may not want to do this - and I've seen two dealers so uninterested in doing anything except moving what stock/allocation they have that they are not getting my business. Jeez one sales guy even kept calling me back about a demo model that was nothing like I wanted - where do they hire these morons. What a waste of my time. I went from a real live prospect to not ever wanting to step back onto that dealers lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
    Just remember Toyota does NOT special build to a customer but rather send a allotment of trucks to a area and this is where your dealer will get a truck close to what you want. It could happen in 2 weeks or 12 months

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by TRDatVT View Post
    How does the dealer able to find out that they could change a truck that was already slated for my area? How soon after your ordered did you get such information. I only ask cause now I am considering ordering mine also!
    Not sure. I think this how it works. If a dealer has a truck on order for their lot. There is a window of opportunity to make changes. I was able to change ext/int color, and other options. Order was confirmed in three days. Even have a build date of Feb. 4.
    Last edited by dafoot; 01-16-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Liked
    0 times

If you are in the SF Bay Area, I would be happy to special order you whatever you want. I wont try to sell you what you dont want. If you are willing to wait for it, I am willing to order it

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
    I've been looking around for a while for CrewMax and can't find what I want in the SF Bay Area so I think I'm about to order one from the factory. Anybody have recent experience with factory order times and the order process. Any gotchas to be aware of?

I have conflicting info on current rebates. One dealer claims there is a current $2k rebate (not the one that expired on 1/2/08) but I can't find an online-pricing source that mentions this current rebate. I understand that promotional rebates apply at time of delivery and so there is no guarantee of a rebate on a factory order. Seems reasonable to me but is that correct?

The problem is I really like the red rock leather and super white exterior and there just don't seem to be many well optioned (moonroof, etc.) CrewMax's in that config.

Thanks

Darryl
    Ordered 01/27/2008, now we get to have fun and wait for the Toyota Gods to give it to us, Talk to you later on in the week

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks Cory!

That was very painless compared to trying to twist the arm of other dealers who either did not want do a special order or who wanted to play games with deposits etc. (had me worried about bait and switch) and who seemed to even have problems configuring a Tundra with proper options.

--

BTW for other folks - the reason for a custom order is partially the Red Rock leather, once I saw that I had to have it and it is not very common. I'm fed up with grey and beige. Super white to match a trailer I tow. Then I wanted a limited trim level with off road package, not very common. The common 20" wheels on the Limited won't hack it where this truck needs to go. I could have swapped out the wheels, but I'd rather the TRD package anyhow. Anyhow here is the full config...

CrewMax 4x4 Limited 5.7L
    Superwhite
    Redrock leather
    50 state emissions (FE)
    Moonroof (SR)
    Rear-seat DVD entertainment system (EY)
    DVD navigation system with backup camera (NV)
    TRD Off-Road Package (OF)
    TRD rear sway bar (HR)
    All weather mats and door sill protector (CT)
    Bedliner with deck rails (BL)
    Front skid plate (S0)
    XM satellite radio (P7)
    Chrome exhaust tip (E5 or E9?)
    Cargo Divider (D2)
    Daylight driving lights (RL)
    Glass breakage sensor (V2)
    Side steps stainless steel (RB)
    Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-27-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
    Thanks Cory!

That was very painless compared to trying to twist the arm of other dealers who either did not want do a special order or who wanted to play games with deposits etc. (had me worried about bait and switch) and who seemed to even have problems configuring a Tundra with proper options.

--

BTW for other folks - the reason for a custom order is partially the Red Rock leather, once I saw that I had to have it and it is not very common. I'm fed up with grey and beige. Super white to match a trailer I tow. Then I wanted a limited trim level with off road package, not very common. The common 20" wheels on the Limited won't hack it where this truck needs to go. I could have swapped out the wheels, but I'd rather the TRD package anyhow. Anyhow here is the full config...

CrewMax 4x4 Limited 5.7L
    Superwhite
    Redrock leather
    50 state emissions (FE)
    Moonroof (SR)
    Rear-seat DVD entertainment system (EY)
    DVD navigation system with backup camera (NV)
    TRD Off-Road Package (OF)
    TRD rear sway bar (HR)
    All weather mats and door sill protector (CT)
    Bedliner with deck rails (BL)
    Front skid plate (S0)
    XM satellite radio (P7)
    Chrome exhaust tip (E5 or E9?)
    Cargo Divider (D2)
    Daylight driving lights (RL)
    Glass breakage sensor (V2)
    Side steps stainless steel (RB)
    No problem, as I always say, it is just a matter of pushing a few buttons and waiting, lol

Liked
    0 times

ok, well even faster than I thought it would be, your special order has been accepted and it in the cue to be built sooner or later. So it is coming for sure, When? I cant say yet. I will fax over to you today the sheet that shows it was accepted for your records. Not brain surgery. I dont know why other dealers make it so hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast