Priority Toyota Virginia worst experience

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Priority Toyota Virginia worst experience

Liked
    0 times

Default Priority Toyota Virginia worst experience

The internet is the best route on buying vehicle nowadays. I made a mistake dealing with this money hungry salesman on the lot. Worst experience I ever had. Ensure to check your glove compartment for a plastic brochure that hold the owner's manual. The dealership told me that this is a Toyota option when buying a new car. I purchased a 2005 Toyota Camry XLE model. The style of this salesman never change.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 CTD SRW 4x4 13,600 miles
    2005 Toyota Camry XLE 33,00 miles
    2002 Toyota Sequoia 2wd Limited. 90,000 miles.
    2002 Suzuki Katana 15,500 miles motorcycle
    2001 Toyota Avalon XLS. 78,600 miles.
    1992 Toyota Previa. 140,000 miles.
    1997 Acura Integra LS 106,000 miles.
    1990 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6. 110,000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2 times
    Images

sorry to hear to hear you had a bad exp. at priority toyota, I have delt with them on many ocasions with no trouble. I am originaly from Chesapeake and my whole family has bought from there, infact my first "new" Tacoma came from there....dealer was known as Kline toyota back then, and the sales guy was named Elmer Hippolito. also we had a TS meet last year on the OBX and Bob Fogerty was at the meet representing Priority and brought us alot of freebies for the meet.
    HAVE YOU DRIVEN OVER A FORD LATELY?
    Team West SAWS (cranked up to 3.25")
    Total Chaos UCA
    ORS Manual hub kit
    reese front receiver hitch
    10,000 lb. winch on receiver hitch
    Warn Quick connects front and rear
    rear brake porportioning valve mod
    3" perfomance products body lift
    skyjacker AAL
    wheelers urithane kit for front swaybar and steering rack
    BFG AT's
    Eagle101 wheels
    CB radio W/ dual fiberglass 48" ant.

Liked
    3 times

As far as Toyota dealers in the Southeastern Virginia area, I think that Priority Toyota in Chesapeake, VA has an outstanding reputation. If you think Priority Toyota is bad, try Toyota of Elizabeth City (NC). Pretty much everyone that I know who has a Toyota in this area drives an hour to take their vehicles to Priority Toyota just to avoid the Toyota of Elizabeth City dealer.

Liked
    0 times

I have gotten better deals from Checkered Flag. Their service department is awesome too.

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Priority Toyota Virginia worst experience

Quote Originally Posted by wylcat View Post
    sorry to hear to hear you had a bad exp. at priority toyota, I have delt with them on many ocasions with no trouble. I am originaly from Chesapeake and my whole family has bought from there, infact my first "new" Tacoma came from there....dealer was known as Kline toyota back then, and the sales guy was named Elmer Hippolito. also we had a TS meet last year on the OBX and Bob Fogerty was at the meet representing Priority and brought us alot of freebies for the meet.

Elmer and I are still here. I too am sorry for the negative experience of the OP . We will try to do better the next time.

The vinyl document brochure is an extra provided by Toyota - sometimes?? Why sometimes, I don't understand the rationale but it's shown on the window sticker as the 'DK' extra at No Charge. If it's on the window sticker but it's missing it should be replaced.

kdhspyder
    Bob Fogarty

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Re: Priority Toyota Virginia worst experience

Hello everyone!! No one should ever go to Priority Toyota to buy a car or get a job. That company screwed me out of $300 and 2 weeks worth of time. They told around 15 of us that if we took this class at their dealership, paid for it, and passed a drug test we would have a job. That turned out to be an absolute lie!!! After you pay for the class, they inform you that there is more to it than that. Some of us didn't get the job for reasons that should have been explained to us on day 1. If they would have explained the actual requirements of the job, many of us would have known from the beginning that we couldn't work there and would have never taken and paid for the class or spent two weeks at Priority for the class and interviews. While we were there, we did learn a little about how Priority Toyota jacks us the prices and makes a completely immoral profit off of many of their vehicles. I would advise everyone to never do business with that dealership!!!!!!

I do love my Toyota Tacoma though, thank God I didn't buy it there!!!

Banned
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kdhspyder View Post

Elmer and I are still here. I too am sorry for the negative experience of the OP . We will try to do better the next time.

The vinyl document brochure is an extra provided by Toyota - sometimes?? Why sometimes, I don't understand the rationale but it's shown on the window sticker as the 'DK' extra at No Charge. If it's on the window sticker but it's missing it should be replaced.

kdhspyder
    Bob Fogarty
    Sorry to hear about everybody negative experience But I thought the sales person (bob) from Priority Toyota at the obx meet (2004) was rather nice and friendly on the 2005 Tacoma he showed us. Word of advice Ts members i know some dealerships suck hell I've had issues with a few in my area on service front and a few at Home like Michael Toyota that suck too(California) who's sales practice sucks but we all have a choice in the madder and avoid them don't we.Dealership's treatment is reflected in the sales numbers and that speaks for itself and People will find out from word of Mouth..

P.s would your Dealership Be interested in attending the 2007 Obx Meet
    ERIK

Liked
    0 times
    Images

It is unfortunate that one salesman, the face of the dealer, can ruin a dealer's rep with quickness.
    There are still GOOD sales teams out there, they are just harder than all get out to find.
    I was lucky, my window sticker stated twice that the trailer towing adapter (7 pin plug to the 4 pin baby connector) was included, but it was not in the truck.
    Not that big of a deal really, but my salesman (Hoyt Simmons) bent over backwards to find and supply it on the spot. This guy was pillaging other trucks on the lot to get me equipped. I darn near got them to throw in the ball mount too, but started feeling dishonest and dropped the issue [grin].
    It was funny... good comic relief is priceless when negotiating a new car purchase.

Man, I have never heard of a manufacturer NOT supplying books for their own products. That is ODD to say the least.
    2006 Tundra AC LTD Stepside, Loaded
    18" BBS - 275/55/18
    Hellwig Sway Bar
    Line-X

2007 D/C 5.7 LTD- Stock

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

There are 2 Priority dealerships. One in Chesapeake and the one in Chester. The one that is in Chester is terrible. They wanted $25 for a tube of sealant for the transmission pan.Any auto parts store price is about $3.50. They are one great big scam. Stay away! Thanks, Jim

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Re: Priority Toyota Virginia worst experience

I went to this dealership because of a mailer sent to my home. I have no idea where they got my information since I had never been there before.

I drove the 45 minutes +/- to the dealership to try the Toyota that turned out to be the short retro looking powder blue/white FJ Cruiser?? (it was a nice vehicle with terrible colors!) with the key that was included in the mailer, and get my confirmed prize.

Now I generally do not respond to these things, but the mailer had the 'worst' case scenario prize as an 'mp3 player' and a picture of a cyan colored iPod pictured. Seemed like it was worth a shot, and it would be kewl if my key worked.

Well, I got there and the salesman was nice. I told him I didn't wish to trade in my Honda Civic. I signed the 'registration' info and crossed out the part where they say they are authorized to check my credit history and initialed that. I had come here for the prize(s). Which is what they were hoping for just to get people in the door and hopefully get some of them to stay and buy something. Like any other dealership who runs this type of 'event.' I knew this going in.

But I did expect truth in advertising at the Priority Toyota located in Colonial Heights. From my reading I assume that is Priority Toyota Chesterfield/Richmond AT Colonial Heights.

Now many years ago, I went to a 2 hr resort presentation in NJ because I was the winner of a 'grandfather clock.' I sat through the presentation and went home with my clock.

This event was a bit different. I had a confirmation number that said I was a guaranteed winner. So I made the trek. The worst that could happen is I'd go home with an mp3 player depicted as an iPod (not a Nano, but a iPod that looked just like this one at Amazon) on the mailer. Seemed worth a shot ... drive all that way and at worst come home with an iPod or comparable 'mp3 player.'

No such luck.

Of course my 'key' didn't work. Didn't expect it to. But the funny part of that was that the picture of the Toyota they showed in the mailer was on the lot (a sleek silver grey unit maybe the Highlander or Sequoia? Not real familiar with the SUVs although I was impressed with the picture in the mailer) and I thought well, things may be ok here. But the one that they were raffling off by key was a robin's egg/deep powder blue and white unit that looked retro like a Landrover type vehicle -- very utilitarian looking, very nice, but in those colors it was not my favorite looking vehicle, I can tell ya. It just didn't have the beautiful lines of the sleek silver one on the lot which they had pictured in the mailer!

Then to the 'confirmed' and 'guaranteed' winner of one of the four prizes...they hand me a piece of paper for an mp3 player that I could have bought any day of the week for around $20+/- on the Internet (256MB mp3player -- no name shown just a picture of an oval looking mp3 player similar to one of the oval ones near the bottom of this page -- not the iPod pictured in the mailer -- or even a 'comparable' one!). BUT, the real kicker was that you didn't walk out with your free gift -- oh, no! You had to send in the cardm filled out, and send it to their 'fulfillment center' with $21.99!!! (for shipping and 'fees') to get your FREE gift plus postage to mail it of course.

So, I get in my car and start heading back down Boulevard in Colonial Heights to the Interstate and started getting angry at their 'picture' lies in their mailer -- their NON-truth in advertising ... so I turned around and went back. I asked for the manager and handed him the mailer and said take my name off your list! And then showed him and then handed to him, the mp3 'voucher?' (should have ripped it up so they couldn't reuse it) and said I can buy one of these mp3 players every day of the week online for less than the shipping and fees you charge to get this FREE gift and said this is a scam and walked out.

What a load of crap!

Truth in advertising?!! Not on your life. I see how they play their game and it stinks. My advise to those at Priority Toyota Chesterfield at Colonial Heights is be truthful in your advertising or don't bother! No one appreciates spending 45 +/- minutes on the road (at today's gas prices) to be scammed. AND if they think I will ever buy a car from people I can't trust to be truthful in their advertising, they can guess again. Toyotas are great vehicles, one of the best or the best depending on who you talk to. This type of scam is not needed to sell a great vehicle.
    Last edited by flpr86; 01-25-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Liked
    1 times

I bought my first Toyota, the T100 from them when they were Kline. That was 10 years ago. Off and on I have stopped in there to look around. When I was thinking about getting a 4 runner I test drove a couple of vehicles there, but they were high on their prices and wouldn't budge. It's not like they are the only Toyota dealer in this area either. When I got the Tundra, I phone shopped around and ended up going to Checkered Flag. They were a pretty class act all around, though since I negotiated the price beforehand, they had little room to maneuver me.

My wifes Acura came from Priority just down the road from the Toyota store. I have mixed feelings about the upper level sales team there, though the salesman was decent enough. They guy that owns Priority, Dennis Elmer has been buying up dealerships lately. Think they are up to 9 or so now. When you get larger organizations, I think they tend to be more ruthless in their dealings with customers, just to meet sales quotas. Smaller, one store dealers seem to be disappearing fast, shame since they have overall better service.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I got my truck from Priority... Because it was Transfered to Gloucester Toyota where I bought it! Great experience!

Josh
    2008 Salsa Red Pearl DCSB SR5 2WD
    Corsa Sport Single Exit, Doug Thorley's, 20% Tint up front, Line-X, Access Roll-Up Tonneau, Alpine Touchscreen Nav, Sirius Satalite Radio...
    VA 757 Area Group MEETS

Future Mods: Color Matches Grill, Lowering Kit, TRD CAI, Wheels, Fender Flares, Supercharger, JL Stealthbox, Black Headlight Mod...

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

"Ensure to check your glove compartment for a plastic brochure that hold the owner's manual. The dealership told me that this is a Toyota option when buying a new car. I purchased a 2005 Toyota Camry XLE model. The style of this salesman never change."

Umm last I checked the "Preferred Owner's Portfolio" was an option!! So the salesperson you just trashed was right!
    Last edited by OBXTundra4x4; 01-30-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OBXTundra4x4 View Post
    "Ensure to check your glove compartment for a plastic brochure that hold the owner's manual. The dealership told me that this is a Toyota option when buying a new car. I purchased a 2005 Toyota Camry XLE model. The style of this salesman never change."

Umm last I checked the "Preferred Owner's Portfolio" was an option!! So the salesperson you just trashed was right!
    Yes he was right. Check any invoice and under options DK Preferred Owners Portfolio is $6.00 along with gas.
    2007 Camry SE V6 Loaded, TRD Springs 18" Nex-o Gunmetal. K&N Typhoon Intake. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2475669

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

I've purchased 5 vehicles from the Priority store in Richmond, the last one in December 2007. They have always been super! Very up front and no hassle. They even have a program called Priorities for Life that gives you free oil and filter changes, free state inspections, and they guarantee your engine for as long as you own the car. I've saved a lot of money with them over the years. Unless something changes, I can't think of any reason to change.