Painted Calipers & Rotors

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Painted Calipers & Rotors

Liked
    340 times
    Images

Default Painted Calipers & Rotors

Painted the calipers and rotors this weekend and wow do they look great . No more surface rusted rotors (you know that center section that rusts?) glaring through the wheels in the back and no more gray matter calipers hanging out. I went with Duplicolor Caliper Paint Gloss Black for the calipers and Duplicolor Engine Enamel Glass Black for the rear rotors. I used the caliper cleaner that came with the kit, a little brake cleaner and a wire brush on my drill to clean everything up for painting.

The caliper paint came in a small tin paint can, I didn't think it would be enough, boy was I wrong. I was able to paint the four calipers of my wife's RAV4 and the two calipers of my Tundra. I probably have enough leftover to paint 10 more cars. (I won't be doing that)

Great little customization here, and very inexpensive.

oops, I forgot to take pictures! haha, I'll get some later
    New to the forum? CLICK HERE!
    Questions about advertising? CLICK HERE!

Know the facts about Warranties and the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Link to Amsoil -->

Be an organ & tissue donor, register at DonateLife

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: Painted Calipers & Rotors

Tundra, just curious if you were able to take any pics of your painted calipers & rotors? I am considering painting my calipers but wasn't aware the same could be done to a rotor so I wanted to see how it has turned out.
    2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5

Vroom VroomParty Starter

Liked
    340 times
    Images

I never did get those pictures uploaded... and probably never will.

But the calipers and rotors are still black. Not a high gloss black like they were for those first two weeks after painting, but they're also not a dull powdery rust color either!

When painting the rotor center section, I used some painters tape to cover the brake calipers and stopping portion of the rotors from overspray. However, the brakes will quickly remove the little unavoidable overspray once you apply the brakes just once. So I don't think there's any harm done. Like I said, it's been a year and everything still looks good.

But as with any "shadetree mechanic" job, your results may vary and may or may not cause death and/or dismemberment.
    New to the forum? CLICK HERE!
    Questions about advertising? CLICK HERE!

Know the facts about Warranties and the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Link to Amsoil -->

Be an organ & tissue donor, register at DonateLife

5. 07-08-2010, 01:22 AM

Banned

Reason
    spam

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

I've always wanted to do this. I look at the Corvettes and Ferraris with their pretty calipers and get super jealous.

Liked
    114 times
    Images

Nice mod! But you know as the saying goes. "Pics or it did not happen"!

"They Were Just Jealous That My Tundra Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"

Liked
    3 times
    Images

check out my pics, they came out great! the caliper is painted silver and rotor hub is black. that combo is perfect because it makes the silver stand out much more (plus the brown color of the rotor is no longer visible!)!
    2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5

Vroom VroomParty Starter