2006 RAV4 Tire Pressure Light

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 RAV4 Tire Pressure Light

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation 2006 RAV4 Tire Pressure Light

I have a 2006 RAV4 bought 3 months back. Suddenly, the tire pressure light has come on and it won't go away. I am going to see the dealer on Saturday, but I get a feeling they will make me pay something. The dealer is Bernardi Toyota in Framingham.

Can anyone tell me where is the spare tire and can that be the cause of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2006 RAV4 Tire Pressure Light

Quote Originally Posted by debasishduttaroy View Post
    Can anyone tell me where is the spare tire and can that be the cause of it.
    Is this a trick question? The spare tire is on the rear door and it also has a pressure sensor in it, inflate all 5 tires to the recommended pressure noted on the driver's door frame, 32lbs for mine, and the light should go out.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks. I was pretty sure that the spare tire is on the rear under that cover. But I was thinking the same, whether I am getting tricked by the light.

But I am unable to understand how that tire loses pressure, that is not used at all. Any idea?

Liked
    0 times

Have you checked the pressure of all tires? Any could have a slow leak, including the spare. When the pressure gets down to 24-26lbs, the light will come on.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

The 4 (other than the spare) looks fine. They are all above the 24-26lbs. I don't know about the spare. I will check that today. Thanks.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: 2006 RAV4 Tire Pressure Light

Over time your tires will loose air regardless of driving conditions unless they are replenished with air. Tires are not perfectly impermeable and air molecules actually slowly permeate through the tire material. This is why a spare tire can loose pressure even when there is no tire, wheel, or valve stem defects.

I view the tire pressure monitoring system as for safety back-up, not a maintenance reminder. It is no subsitute for regularly checking pressure on your tires using a pressure gage (You can get a good one for less than 5 bucks at any auto store). Recommend doing this on a weekly basis. By keeping the tire pressures at the specified pressures rather than waiting for the tire pressure light to come on, you will get better gas mileage and reduce tire wear. During the regular tire pressure checks, you will also be able to do a visual check of the tires for any obvious damage and monitor tire wear.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

if u still have problem hit me up im sure i can fix ur problem
    ran into this problem not to long ago
    if that sensor keep coming back on im sure there is a nail in ur tire somewhere

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.