Scion / Pioneer T1808 radio question.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Scion / Pioneer T1808 radio question.

Liked
    1 times

Default Scion / Pioneer T1808 radio question.

Does anyone know if the T1808 Scion radio has the option to change display colors like the T1806 and T1807?

Thanks.
    '06 Tundra DC SR5 4x4
    '91 Honda Accord Wagon
    '30 Ford AA Flatbed Dually (workin' on it)
    '00 Yamaha V-star 1100 Classic (my commuter)
    '03 Yamaha V-star 1100 Custom (wife's commuter)

Woke up to hear the cat flushing the toilet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Default Re: Scion / Pioneer T1808 radio question.

If it is the Standard unit, low end i am pretty sure it does not do what you are talkimg about but from what i understand all the premium units do and thats what my wifes DVD for her 07 said but the 08's could? i will look at DVD again it's better than the Website!! Scions have Low end, Premium, and SNS and the 08 SNS is sweet!! Found this messing around and the colors are only for the premium decks, i have no ide if the one you are asking is a premiun deck but check out this link!ScionPartsPeople.com - Genuine Scion Parts and Scion Accessories
    Last edited by HOGWILD; 09-09-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Don't know about the various models, but the premium radio that came with my 08 xB does have the capability. probably won't be of any help.........
    E. Hapgood
    Will not ever buy anything but the xB

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by e hapgood View Post
    Don't know about the various models, but the premium radio that came with my 08 xB does have the capability. probably won't be of any help.........
    How do you change the color. I saw one at the State Fair of Texas last week but could not figure out how to change the color. I am going back next week.
    03 Stratosphere Mica Stepside, 4.7 L, Supercharger, TRD Package, TRD Exhaust,
    Scion Head Unit 08600-21802,
    Custom leather heated seats 2 tone with TRD LOGO, Moonroof, ARE LID, ZR3 Laser Shifter, Denso IK22 .4mm Iridium Plugs, Scan Gauge 2,
    Rhino Liner, Die Hard Platinum P5 battery
    5.7 Killer

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by oneprblmcat View Post
    Does anyone know if the T1808 Scion radio has the option to change display colors like the T1806 and T1807?

Thanks.
    I'm not up on the model numbers but there have been two radios that change color. In the 2004-2005 MY, the 6 disc CD changer model did this. In the 2006-2006 MY, the i-pod model did as well. On both, there is a button on the face that says "color".

The premium radio for 2008 doesn't really have a color change so much as it does different "skins". There are several that can be selected from a menu or you can download others from the Pioneer web site. You can also load up to 9 seconds of video for the skin.

None of the others have color change options.
    I've moved dealers again. Hopefully this is the last one. I'm at Rosner Toyota in Fredericksburg VA. Call 540-898-7900 and ask for Steve Clifford... they will not know who "Cliffy" is.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

The 2008 Premium scion radio has the ability to not only have skins but it can change its buttons from hot orange to deep blue. I just installed one in my 06 Sequoia and it rocks. I have pics of both colors if you want to see them.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-30-2011, 10:35 AM
  2. 08-03-2009, 06:12 PM