Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Will it work? Enclosed trailer?

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  prkiller 
#1 ·
I just found out that I am picking up an enclosed trailer in the morning! It is a 20' (24' total length) enclosed trailer. I will be using an equalizer WDH/sway control. Empty weight is suppose to be 3200lbs. I will be using it to tow my race car which is 1980lbs.
So, I figure with people, gear, trailer, and extra parts I will be right around 5800 total load which should be right under the GCVWR.
Question is, how well will the truck do? I don't tow every week. Only about once a month. My truck has done very well with the open trailer/race car, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about this.
I have search around the site, and some are doing the same and not having any probs.
I will post pics when I get it!

BTW, my truck is an 01 Limited 2wd with the prodigy!

TIA all.:tu:

#2 ·
I just bought a PACE 18'enclosed car trailer for my show car. The trailer is supposed to weigh 3220 and my stang weighs about 3000k.
I have pulled the trailer empty and I can tell you it didnt even know it was there. The stang is in its transformation stages (see new engine video in my gallery) so i havent moved both of them together. But I am not worried at all. With the WDH like you and the reese dual cam sway control i feel perfectly safe.

I do have 18' BOBTAIL open car trailer (weight 1960)that i used to tow it around with and the tundra does just fine(total = 4000k or so). You didnt even know thaT IT WAS BACK THERE EITHER. No WDH on this one either.
I think it will be just fine, just dont try to win any speed races.
Take your time and be safe.

#3 ·
Mustang67408 - don't forget you have a supercharger attached to your engine! :D

Prkiller - my opinion is you'll be fine, but you will know it's back there. :) Just don't tow in overdrive.

#4 ·
Herbicidal said:
Mustang67408 - don't forget you have a supercharger attached to your engine! :D

Prkiller - my opinion is you'll be fine, but you will know it's back there. :) Just don't tow in overdrive.
I always forget that, I am so acustomed to it now.
But I agree with you , You will know its back there, tow out of O/D and you will be just fine. Tundras are work horses.:tu:

#5 ·
mustang67408 said:
I just bought a PACE 18'enclosed car trailer for my show car. The trailer is supposed to weigh 3220 and my stang weighs about 3000k.

I do have an 18' BOBTAIL open car trailer (weight 1960)
TWO TRAILERS?! Plus having just purchased one?! :eek: :confused: Here we go again...

JEEZE... must be more than one of those "money trees" in your back yard! I'm thinking... maybe several?! :p

#6 ·
TundrastruckDave said:
TWO TRAILERS?! Plus having just purchased one?! :eek: :confused: Here we go again...

JEEZE... must be more than one of those "money trees" in your back yard! I'm thinking... maybe several?! :p
You'll just have to come to LV and see. :clown:
Actually I have 4 trailers.
1- TT Fleetwood 18'---> soon to be a TOY HAULER (Warrior 24')
1- Open BIG TEX 18' Bobtail
1- Pace Enclosed car carrier 18'
1- ATV trailer 12'

#7 ·
mustang67408 said:
You'll just have to come to LV and see. :clown:
Actually I have 4 trailers.
1- TT Fleetwood 18'---> soon to be a TOY HAULER (Warrior 24')
1- Open BIG TEX 18' Bobtail
1- Pace Enclosed car carrier 18'
1- ATV trailer 12'
:eek: :eek:... Now I KNOW... I'm in the wrong field of work! :D Plus the pay, here in the southeast, must be quite a bit LOWER too! :confused: Oh well... :eek:.

#9 ·
JEEZE! :eek:... that's right... just ruuuuub it in Victor! :cool: ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.