Help! Need input on Extended Warranty

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need input on Extended Warranty

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Help! Need input on Extended Warranty

Good day,

Just picked up a 2008 2WD Sequoia Platinum last night. Dealer is trying to sell the extended warranty to us, 7 years 100000 miles. They are offering it for $1950.00. What pricing have you guys gotten from Toyota when buying the extended warranty? This is for the Toyota backed product, not an aftermarket product. I'm just trying to figure out if this is a fair price or how much room they have for discounts on the warranty.

They also threw a new product at us while signing the docs....free oil filter and oil changes for the life of the vehicle. Every 3 months or 3000 miles, done at the dealership. Cost is $599.00........what do you guys think?

She is an awesome ride (all 30 miles so far). The interior ergonomics are the best of any vehicle we've tested so far...just incredible. We tested ML500s, RangeRovers, Touaregs, etc and this truck just kicks but.

Thanks in advance,
    George

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: Help with Extended warranty cost

someone on this site is selling that warranty for under a grand..... personally, I never buy them. I only drive Toyota's, Lexus and Honda and have never had a need.....

Do a search.... found this when searching "warranty" Warranty almost up: what to check for?

Search "Platinum Warranty" and get this http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...yota-platinum/
    Last edited by shadyskins; 09-03-2008 at 08:44 AM.
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Help! Need input on Extended Warranty

i like the oil change part because IF it cost $29.99 for our sequoias (it might be more, i havent checked on it) after 60k miles its free every time. check this site out about the warranty Toyota Financial Services: Home

the bastards at north bakersfield toyota in california ROBBED me for $2300 for my damn warranty! i guess they are trying to make up for the $10k in rebates i got off my sequoia. im not happy about it and talked to the guy who financed me and said he will tell some other guy to call me but nobody did.im going in person to see what i can do because the suggested retail price of my warranty is $1650.00! any advice?

Liked
    1 times

i spoke with troy and read a few replies from people thats bought it from him. sounds good to me. im going to go with him also.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Awesome info guys, just got off the phone with Troy. This should be a very interesting meeting this afternoon at my dealership.

Thanks again,
    George

EWT
    Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

You can cancel the warranty and get a pro-rated refund based on remaining coverage. If you cancel soon after purchase, you might be able to get the full amount?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lalojamesliz View Post
    i like the oil change part because IF it cost $29.99 for our sequoias (it might be more, i havent checked on it) after 60k miles its free every time. check this site out about the warranty Toyota Financial Services: Home

the bastards at north bakersfield toyota in california ROBBED me for $2300 for my damn warranty! i guess they are trying to make up for the $10k in rebates i got off my sequoia. im not happy about it and talked to the guy who financed me and said he will tell some other guy to call me but nobody did.im going in person to see what i can do because the suggested retail price of my warranty is $1650.00! any advice?

How did they rob you? I mean, you could have said no, or did some homework before making that decision. They didn't force you to purchase it.

Liked
    15 times
    Images

wow i realy like the oil change plan.
    i pay about $70ish for oil change, tire rotation ect. every 5000miles/6 months for my 4.7L, your 5.7L oil maintenance may be 6000miles/7months, not sure. But that is def. a bargain.

Now for the ext warranty, im not so sure, i paid about $1600 or so for my 07 tundra, back in June of 2007, when there was no rebates n such, i was able to get 0% interest tho.
    BHLM--- Color matched tailgate handle mirrors &grille surround --- HID 6000k headlights & V-LEDS 6000k led fog lights --- 2-12" Cerwin Vega Subs & Hifonics Titan amp --- Audiovox back up camera & mirror monitor --- Hella LED tail lights with VHT spray tint --- Tundra Racing drop TR-2050R 2" - 5" --- BMW style LED door-handle mod --- Blue LED sawp Gauges & HVAC ---Borla muffler & Magnaflow X pipe --- TRD SwayBar --- Debadged --- aFe dry intake kit --- MPG info mod --- V-LEDS FRONT, REAR turn signals, 8W cargo & reverse LEDs

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by K-9 Hauler View Post
    How did they rob you? I mean, you could have said no, or did some homework before making that decision. They didn't force you to purchase it.

no they didnt force me and i should of done my homework but my labtop was out of service the weekend i bought my sequoia. the system crashed or some crap that wouldnt let windows start up. when the finance bastard guy told me how much it was i said "wow, thats alot" and he told me that the price went up and that sequoias have the most computers next to the prius. so i believed him and trusted him. bastard.plus I just turned 25 years old and and dont know as much as some of you old farts out their yeah yeah its still my fault i know.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Just picked up a 2008 4x2 platinum and got the 7/100 0 ded for $1,500. I called other dealers and the going rate in my area of California was $1,650
    Last edited by edisonsteve; 09-10-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Do not buy 7/100,000 from that dealer. Go online to Greenfield Toyota, Greenfield, MA. I can not quote a price for your specific vehicle, but you should save a large amount from Greenfield. If he is still doing the warranty sales, the individual's name is Troy. I bought my warranty from there for my truck and car. It is the Toyota Extra Care Platinum and is backed by Toyota Motors and is good at any toyota dealer. Hundreds of people have purchased from them over the past couple of years. I saved $400 on my car and $300 on my truck.

$600 is a lot for oil and filter change in my opinion. Plus there is no reason to change every 3000 miles. Toyota recommends every 5000 unless you are towing on a regular basis or otherwise using it under very adverse conditions. I would also want to see in writing the 3000 mile schedule. Most maintenance warranties for vehicles cover the changes, but only for the manufacture's recommended schedule (5000) miles.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

depends on the brand of warranty.. toyota extra care is the best.. everything else,, well your on your own,, i've seen some really really shady stuff from other companies!!!

If I bought a new or used seq, i would buy the warranty,, you will use it.. on the older one I have seen dozens of skid control ecu's go bad and that one part is more than the warranty cost... nevermind wheel bearings failure or any other item..

just my opinion after working on toyotas for 17 years..

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

make sure it "toyota extra care" brand and nothing else.... you will get burned by others..

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

If you want a Toyota or Lexus factory warranty the best deal I have found is Toyota of Greenfield. I have bought the Platinum warranty for both my 2006 Tundra and 2006 Lexus 430 from Troy Dietrich at (413) 772-0231. Best prices and good service.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by EWT View Post
    You can cancel the warranty and get a pro-rated refund based on remaining coverage. If you cancel soon after purchase, you might be able to get the full amount?
    I joined up on this forum after I bought my '08 SR5 Sequoia, and after I bought the dealer's extended warranty. After reading about the options of extended warranties, and how there are different companies other than Toyota, I started researching mine. It wasn't Toyota brand, but Olympicare. When I googled it, I found nothing but complaints about it. So, I looked for my contract and couldn't find one. Called the salesman and he sent me a copy of it, but not a signed copy. Ok, no problem. I'll cancel and get a prorated refund. Not so! Of the $2400 they charged me, I'll get $1700 credit on my amount financed. It cost me $700 for coverage that hasn't even started yet, except for the rental car coverage in case my vehicle is in for warranty repairs over night. I joined up about $2400 too late! I had them cancel anyway. Knocked a few payments off the end of the contract. Anybody that is contemplating a major purchase should find some appropriate forums to lurk about before making their purchase. It would save them much money and make them an informed consumer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.