Brake Controller?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Brake Controller?

Liked
    0 times

Default Brake Controller?

Need to put in a brake controller for my '08 Seq Platinum, with Tow Package. Pop-up camper has trailer brakes, and need to get ready for a Machine Gun Shoot.

I've heard there are controllers that are simple plug-ins, but I can't seem to find them with a search.

A link would be fine, if it's already been covered.
    '08 Black Sequoia Platinum
    Complete and Total Toyota Noob

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Brake Controller?

Go to e-trailer.com, click on the link for brake controllers, enter your vehicle information and purchase a brake controller (prodigy is recommended) with the factory connection setup you need. I have a 2010 Tundra and the harness is under the kickplate near the drivers left leg. Truely plug and play once you find the harness. Will then need to find a place to install the brake controller but I'm sure there are other threads on this. I purchased the extra "U" bracket to install mine as it takes up less space than the sleeve that comes with the controller and allows many more options for the install.
    Husky All Weather mats, Access tonneau cover, Prodigy Brake Controller
    Veteran Plates w/Marine Corps Logo

Liked
    0 times

Wish someone had a quick identification guide for which factory connection I need.
    '08 Black Sequoia Platinum
    Complete and Total Toyota Noob

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ColoOps View Post
    Need to put in a brake controller for my '08 Seq Platinum, with Tow Package. Pop-up camper has trailer brakes, and need to get ready for a Machine Gun Shoot.

I've heard there are controllers that are simple plug-ins, but I can't seem to find them with a search.

A link would be fine, if it's already been covered.
    ColoOps,

+1 on the Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller. I use that one and have found it to be an excellent unit. It will work across many different vehicles all you need to do in buy the Brake Control Harness specific to your vehicle and hook it up. The plug for our trucks is under the driver's side kick plate.

For our trucks the harness you need is the Tekonsha 3040-P harness. Plugs right into the pre-existing Toyota harness and into the Prodigy brake controller. Simple plug and play.
    2011 Toyota Sequoia Ltd. - TRD CAI, Revtek Lift Kit, Toyota OEM Hood Deflector, Toyota OEM Door Sill Protectors, WeatherTech floor mats, Husky Liner Cargo Liner, Bushwacker OE Fender Flares, G2 Red painted brake calipers, Air Lift 1000 airbags for towing, Fuel Off Road Throttle 18-inch wheels w/305/60 Nitto Terra Grapplers, B&I Sequoia inserts (painted black) for rear tailgate, DeeZee Ultrablack Grille Guard

2006 Hyundai Elantra GT
    2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
    1998 Honda Goldwing GL1500 SE
    1997 Honda Valkyrie GL1500 CT Tourer
    1990 Honda VFR750F

Liked
    1 times

Another vote for the Prodigy. My write up thread (link). HTH
    2010 Platinum Slate Metallic

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I'm using the Tekonsha P-3 controller, very happy with it.

The only issue I ran into installing it was finding the Toyota plug. It was tucked behind the harness on my '08 and I couldn't see it. I eventually found it by feeling around.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

+1 again on the Tekonsha Prodigy -- Installed it in my 08 Dodge Ram 3500 and tow a 26 foot toy hauler, among other things. It's a seamless integration using the stock trailer-brake wiring harness.