removing front rotors

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigsequoia

Thread: removing front rotors

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Default removing front rotors

I have been looking around the forums for how to remove the front rotors when seized. I have tried banging them with a hammer but it hasn't worked. I want to try threading the bolts to get them off, but i wasn't sure what size i need. Does anyone know what size bolt to use to back the rotor off? I have an 08 sequoia. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: removing front rotors

had this issue with mine... sprayed wd40 around the hub and studs. hit it once with a hammer (was replacing anyways) and it popped right off!! have fun maybe use a rubber mallet

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

ya i've tried the rubber mallet and i still can't get it off. I have seen some people here on the forums say they were able to thread some bolts through the holes on the rotor, but i can't find out what size bolt i need

Liked
    79 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by krewmaxxed View Post
    had this issue with mine... sprayed wd40 around the hub and studs. hit it once with a hammer (was replacing anyways) and it popped right off!! have fun maybe use a rubber mallet
    You might have better luck with a dead-blow hammer.
    Linked by ProPride 3P 1400, stopped by Prodigy, guided by Garmin nüvi 1490 LMT.

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by bigsequoia View Post
    I have been looking around the forums for how to remove the front rotors when seized. I have tried banging them with a hammer but it hasn't worked. I want to try threading the bolts to get them off, but i wasn't sure what size i need. Does anyone know what size bolt to use to back the rotor off? I have an 08 sequoia. Thanks.
    I Just removed my front rotors last week by using two bolts in those threads.. My neighbor mechanic just said "here. use these and keep them".. They look like 1/4 - 20 bolts, but these have to be metric. I'll bring them into Home Depot today and find out...As I was turning the bolts, the rotors went "Cling Cling".. as they were being forced off and then POP.. they just fell off.. Super simple removal with the two bolts. I'll reply back tonight with the size..
    JIM

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

I talked to somebody who works on toyotas about this. He told me to find any bolts on the car that fit a 12mm socket and that those would fit the holes on the rotor. I popped the hood and used a couple bolts that were screwed into the radiator. Worked like a charm.
    AJUSA.com likes this.