Question 2013 LTD Sequoia Revtek/Bilstein 5100 Questions...

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2013 LTD Sequoia Revtek/Bilstein 5100 Questions...

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2013 LTD Sequoia Revtek/Bilstein 5100 Questions...

Morning all,

New user and first post here. After looking through as many threads I could find on here I wanted to see if anyone could clarify a few things for me.

Background:

I ordered a 2013 LTD Sequoia 4x4 a little bit back and will be receiving it within the next few weeks. I am going to lift the Sequoia as I did with my 2010 Tundra Crewmax. I know Revtek makes the 441 kit for lifting the Sequoia and then you can also go the route of adjustable shocks/struts such as the Bilstein 5100 adjustable.

1) Is there a general consensus as to which one of these routes to go?

2) Can you use both of these lifting methods at the same time and get say 6" of lift out of combining them? So I would be purchasing a RevTek 441 kit and Bilstein 5100's all the way around and using the Revtek kit and then setting the 5100's on max lift?

3) My 2010 Tundra has a 3/1 lift level kit and we did a little frame trimming to clear 35x12.50 R20 Trail Grapplers on 20" Fuel Rims. Will I be able to do the same thing on the Sequoia? I would like to run 35" tires on the Sequoia if possible!

Additional Information related to the Sequoia:

2013 Limited Sequoia 4x4
    20" BMF SOTA rims with +26 to +35 ish offset depending on what will work with lift/tires
    Preferably 35x12.50 R20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires

There was a thread a ways back labeled "Introducing Black Gold", and that's the look im going for except slightly bigger with the 35" tires. Everything from the emblems to the chrome mirrors and any trim will be blacked out completely.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by BeardedBo; 12-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2013 LTD Sequoia Revtek/Bilstein 5100 Questions...

In addition to my above post. I have another question related to the RevTek kit. The product description says the 441 kit will allow up to 35" tires, but when you click on the product as if you were going to purchase it, theres another description that says "allows up to 33" tires". Does anyone have any experience with this or which description is accurate?

Revteks site initial description for the 441 kit lists this:

Features:

•Virtually indestructible specialty polymer or polyurethane rear spacers
    •System will achieve 2.5" lift in the front and 1.5" lift in the rear to level the vehicle
    •Does not require replacement shocks
    •Same proven front lift design as the Tacoma and Tundra kits
    •Based on our proven split spacer design
    •Kit will allow for tires up to 35" with minor wheel well trimming
    •Maintains standard Toyota OEM geometry
    •No cutting or welding necessary
    •No modification of original steering components necessary
    •Easy installation, takes only 3-4 hours
    •Made in the USA
    •Note: Will NOT work on Platinum or vehicles equipped with rear air suspension

Once you click on "buy now" the description reads:

Description

Features:

No cutting or welding necessary
    OEM ride using factory coils
    Average install time under 4 hours
    All inclusive kit
    Made in the USA
    Allows up to 33" X 12.5" tires

Liked
    8 times

Default Re: 2013 LTD Sequoia Revtek/Bilstein 5100 Questions...

I can try answering some of your questions;

1) I don't think there's a consensus with any specific lift direction, whether spacers or adjustable C/O's. People get what best fits their need and pocket book. Spacers are going to be the cheapest route; $200-400 for the spacers. Retain the stock shocks and in theory have the same performance and reliability. The Bilsteins offer a little more flexibility to pick your ride height with pre-spaced gaps. The Bilstein shocks should be a step above the stock but I don't know first hand. I went with the Icon C/O's for the front and custom spring/shock combo in the rear. For me, it added a significant higher level of performance and robustness over the stock setup. There's more control over the dampening and the stanchions are 2x-3x the size of the stock stuff.

2) I've never seen anyone with a Sequoia use both RevTek spacers and Bilstein shock combo. People have lifted the Tundra 6" and you may find better information in that area of the forum. The Tundra and Sequoia are the same from the A pillar forward. I would be concerned with the extended angles of the CV joints. You may need to lengthen the CV joints along with the upper and lower control arms. You will also need to drop the diff but i believe the max diff drop is 1" before you hit the sub frame. I have a 1" diff drop with about a 3 1/2" lift in front. I also use the Total Chaos UCA which allows more droop in the suspension. I haven't had a problem with the added suspension travel in the CV joints. I would still be cautious with a 6" lift.

3) 35" tires are pretty big. Once again, I would say that more people have done that on the Tundra rather than the Sequoia. Luckily they are the same from the A-Pillar forward. If it worked with a little trimming on your Tundra, it should work on the Sequoia. I have Toyo MT's in a 275/70/18 (33.6") tires and clear without any trimming. My rims are 18x9's with a 35mm offset. With that size and offset you could probably go up to a 34" without issues. 35" is pushing it. The rear shouldn't have any issues with 35s.

As for the RevTek site 35" vs 33", they are probably being conservative. There's nothing with the suspension lift that would prohibit one over the other. The general population doesn't want to deal with trimming and cutting hence the 33" reference. 33's will fit relatively easy and is safer to say that will work with their suspension. As you discovered, 35's require additional mods.

Here's a link to my mods if you are interested in seeing what I did;
    Sequoia lifted and tires/wheels DONE!

Hope that helps

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thank you very much for the reply! I think that answered all of my questions! Love the way your Seq looks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App