New Member Exhaust Question?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 407guy

Thread: New Member Exhaust Question?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default New Member Exhaust Question?

Greetings, new member here. I just picked up a 2012 Sequoia limited 4x4 last week. I am thinking of getting the Corsa performance exhaust. The problem is they do not have it for the 12's only the 11's. I called and spoke with Corsa they have not fit tested it on the 12's yet so they will not confirm it will fit. I also spoke with a Toyota mechanic who stated they have two different part numbers for the 2011 and 2012 exhaust but they appear to be the same. My question is has anyone put a 2011 Corsa system on their 2012? Also will this system create a noise issue for people riding in the third row? Thank you all in advance. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    405 times
    Images

Default Re: New Member Exhaust Question?

I cant speak for Corsa or fit for your vehicle, but any aftermarket exhaust will generally be louder or have a more meaty sound. The biggest thing to watch out for is drone. That is the one that everyone hates and makes it impossible to have a conversation. I have not heard anyone say anything bad about Corsa or drone but Magnaflow is pretty prone to it. Keep reading through lots of the threads on this site and this will help you as well. Hopefully someone with the same ride as you chimes in.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Liked
    4 times
    Images

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read a post quite some time ago about someone fitting the exhaust to a 2012 without any issues.
    2011 Toyota Sequoia Ltd. - TRD CAI, Revtek Lift Kit, Toyota OEM Hood Deflector, Toyota OEM Door Sill Protectors, WeatherTech floor mats, Husky Liner Cargo Liner, Bushwacker OE Fender Flares, G2 Red painted brake calipers, Air Lift 1000 airbags for towing, Fuel Off Road Throttle 18-inch wheels w/305/60 Nitto Terra Grapplers, B&I Sequoia inserts (painted black) for rear tailgate, DeeZee Ultrablack Grille Guard

2006 Hyundai Elantra GT
    2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
    1998 Honda Goldwing GL1500 SE
    1997 Honda Valkyrie GL1500 CT Tourer
    1990 Honda VFR750F

Liked
    4 times
    Images

We have a Corsa on our 2010 Limited. No drone whatsoever; no issues for those in the third row. It is really quiet for an aftermarket exhaust. Plan on adding a K&N intake (63-9031) to "waken up" our rig in the next week or so.

Congrats on your purchase!
    2010 Sequoia Limited (Super White with Graphite) -- 22" Dick Cepek Torque wheels, Corsa exhaust, K&N 63-9031-1 intake

Liked
    5 times

407guy- Do you notice any improvement in performance? Does it feel like it pulls harder on the downshift?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

I just installed my Corsa exhaust in my '10 Platty and it is awesome.

I can't believe how quiet it is until you press the loud pedal. It's noticeable when you are puttering around, but not intrusive. The most tragic thing is, I'll never get to hear it from outside

It seems to have abit more scoot via the "butt dyno" and when you take into consideration that it is a full 3" exhaust, it possibly has lost some low end to give it more top end.

Installation with hand tools by myself and wheel ramps took about 5.5 hours and you will need to have a jack to position it underneath the truck because the muffler is a heavy beast. Tip: bring power/air tools.

Makes things MUCH easier.
    07 G35X- fun run
    05 Rav 4- all run
    10 Sequoia- runs almost over anything

Liked
    383 times

2010+ is all the same, I don't see why Corsa wouldn't know that.

Have u seen the BAmufflers for 2gens? no drone and cheaper than corsa, and I know what trucks my system fits LOL
    I like to build BAmufflers

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by 86mets View Post
    ...I also spoke with a Toyota mechanic who stated they have two different part numbers for the 2011 and 2012 exhaust but they appear to be the same...
    I have a Cobra and found that many of the GT parts, even though they had different part numbers were the exact same part, but the Cobra part came with a higher price tag. I determine this by comparing my part to the GT's part. I also had the parts guy print pictures of both parts and made my comparison. It would be a bit difficult to compare the exhaust parts, but see if the parts counter will print photos of both items and see if you can compare the two. Also, call other exhaust companies and see if they list their exhaust systems as the same for those years. It seems the two would be identical, but I am new to the Sequoia family. Just One Man's Opinion.

Al

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    407guy- Do you notice any improvement in performance? Does it feel like it pulls harder on the downshift?
    Sorry for the REALLY late reply but overall I really don't feel much improvement. Remember this is a heavy SUV so it'll take a lot of additional HP to feel anything. At least in my humble opinion.
    escondidotundra likes this.
    2010 Sequoia Limited (Super White with Graphite) -- 22" Dick Cepek Torque wheels, Corsa exhaust, K&N 63-9031-1 intake