Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum - View Single Post - Sweet sweet smell
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Sweet Mercy
U didn't get an I-FORCE 5.7...

Sweet sweet smell

For several weeks I've noticed a very sweet smell coming from the grill area. I notice it when I pull in my garage and walk around the front of my truck. BAM--there it is.
I've had it to the dealer twice and they've searched top and bottom and can not find any coolant leaks--was hoping it was the water pump and would be an easy fix under warranty--gotta love the platinum warranty!
The "pink" Toyota coolant leaves a flaky residue according to the master tech and shouldn't be hard to find.
I have not replaced/added any coolant yet but I did put a mark on the overflow tank and it is dropping every so slightly. Radiator is always full.
The smell seems the strongest around the top radiator hose but again I don't see any signs of a leak. I do have a killerglass radiator hose fwiw.
No coolant in the engine oil or vice versa. Put on a new radiator cap but didn't change anything.

I do have the SC but that reservoir shows full.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure what else to do or look for.
Possibly something minor in the radiator which is hard to see with the fan behind and the SC inter-cooler in front?

Performance: 5.7L, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Supercharger added Nov. '13

Exterior: Power Fold Limited Mirrors, 2010 Limited grill, Clear lens headlight covers; Westin side steps; Ventvisors-in channel, Spray in liner, Rancho shocks 9000xl front and rear, Silverstar high beams & fog lights, Polarg low beams, TRD oil cap, Chrome door handles, Remote start, TRD rear sway bar, TruXedo Tonneau, 305_50R20 on Alcoa 20x9 +50 Ivan Stewart wheels.

Interior: Factory Heated Seats, Back up camera, Auto Climate Control, Factory NAV, Leather wrapped steering wheel with functioning audio/bluetooth controls, Optitron Gauges, Limited instrument panel and door handles, MPG display enabled, Weathertech floor mats, Sport Pedals, Home Link/Auto-dim rear view mirror and 35% side window tint.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome