Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum - View Single Post - Sweet sweet smell
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Garage
Re: Sweet sweet smell

I think you are on the right track with the coolant and a leak. Sounds like its only present after you drive it and the whole system is up to temp and pressure. Had that happen before on another vehicle and it ultimately was the head gasket.

With that said, you mentioned one change that caught my attention which is the Killerglass radiator hose. I'd really give that a closer look. Suspecting a pinhole leak that only occurs when the system is hot and under pressure. What type of hose clamps did you use? Factory or "worm gear" style? If it were me, I'd change the radiator hose back to stock then give it the sniff test for a couple of days.

*** 2007 Black Tundra CrewMax 5.7 liter SR5 4x4 with TRD and tow packages. Old Man Emu 3/1 complete lift with Toyo Open Country M/T's - 285x75x18's. Hypertech speedo recalibrator. Ultra Motorsports 18" black rims with silver accents. N-Fab 6-step, wheel to wheel black nerf bars. G-Tek radiator air-dam and door sill protectors. Arma Coatings spray in bedliner and bumpers by On The Road Trucks in Rocklin, CA. De-badged. Black grill surround. RBP black exhaust tip. Air Lift 5000 air bags with WirelessOne remote. Amp Research bed step.
*** 2008 Flint Mica Yaris aka: Vios 'S' sedan. TRD lowering springs, TRD cold air intake, TRD anti-sway bar for the rear, TRD Sportivo rear shocks and front struts. Tinted windows all the way around, Tanabe front shock tower brace, 17" rims - Samurai SC02 Hyper Black. Megan Racing header.
*** 2009 Salsa Red Corolla 'S' 5-speed manual.Wife's ride. Back windows tinted, but otherwise stock.
*** 2003 Silver Corolla 'S'. Daughters ride. Totally stock.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome