2011 Oil change

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Oil change

Liked
    0 times

Default 2011 Oil change

I performed my first oil change on the 2011 Sienna today. For those who have changed the oil on the 2007 or newer Tundra, its pretty much the same.

The 2011 Sienna manual says that it should only use 0W20. I picked some up from my closest Toyota (1.5hrs away). It was a good price at $5.65 CDN per litre. It does not say on the bottle if it is synthetic or not. It must be at least semi-synthetic. If it is full synthetic like the invoice says it is the cheapest price around (In Canada anyway). I think I might start using it in my Tundra.

You need a 14mm socket, the 65mm oil wrench for tools. The engine uses 6.1 litres of 0w20 and I purchased a few filters from Toyota as well.

The oil change interval for the 2011 is an oil change at 8000km and 16000km and after that only every 16000km.
    Last edited by CCC74; 06-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    2007 5.7L DC 4X4 TRD
    Weather Tech Floor Liners
    Line-X bedliner
    Truxedo Lowpro Tonneau

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2011 Oil change

Do you have 2.7L or 3.5L?

2005 Tacoma AC 2WD 2.7L 5M

Liked
    0 times

It is the 3.5L
    2007 5.7L DC 4X4 TRD
    Line-X bedliner
    Truxedo Lowpro Tonneau

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

0W20 only comes in fully synthetic oil. FYI

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by bryker View Post
    0W20 only comes in fully synthetic oil. FYI
    But is it a group lll synthetic? I believe it is. The new oil I picked up today says synthetic on it, where the old one did not. The new bottle has more info on it then the old. It also says that it is blended in the USA also leading me to believe that it is a semi-synthetic.

I use 0w30 and 0w50 in my sleds and Yamaha lists them properly as being semi-synthetic because they are Hydrocracked group lll oils.

Not that any of this matters for my van, I was thinking of using this in my truck that currently has a group lV/V synthetic in it. I will probably switch my truck to it anyway. I don't do extended drain intervals so the price of the Toyota oil is a no brainer. It seems to flow just the same as the Amsoil, so it should be just as good in the cold winters here.

Dam Mobil 1 and Castrol for there legal battles that allowed group lll's to be called synthetic in the US and apparently Canada.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil-1.jpg 
Views:	1735 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	53807   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil-2.jpg 
Views:	1081 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	53808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil-3.jpg 
Views:	1272 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	53809  
    2007 5.7L DC 4X4 TRD
    Line-X bedliner
    Truxedo Lowpro Tonneau

Liked
    83 times
    Images

Oh great!? same PITA filter as in my Tundra. As least there's no skid plate. Or is there? Please send me good news.

--Updated, no plates/panels. U can lay on the ground at the front bumper, reach with one arm to drain and change the filter without raising the vehicle or anything. very easy to reach.
    Last edited by Brilliant_Polack; 08-28-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

The Sienna have very few problems with the oil changes, they were actually very well thought out. Compared to what most people have to endure, the 5.6 and 5.7 liter Tundra/4 runner/ and the 2011 FJ are just unbearable with the skid plates. If you have a Camry the oil change is exactly the same as the sienna (off and on, I haven't quite gotten the gist of figuring out if a Camry is a canister or a metal filter just by looking)

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Hey I have to ask, do the Canadian Siennas not come with the 2 years free maintenance? My wife has a 2011 Sienna XLE with the 2 years of free maintenance that was offered as one of the incentives when we bought it last August. So far it's had two oil changes on Toyota's dime.
    2010 WHITE GRADE CREWMAX, 5.7L, TOW GROUP, ABOUT 2100 WATTS OF ALPINE V12 AND HIFONICS ZEUS STEREO VERY LOUD AND VERY OBNOXIOUS W/2 KICKER CVT 10" SUBS IN A Q LOGIC ENCLOSURE , CHROME 22" RUFF RACING R285'S WRAPPED IN YOKOHAMA GEOLANDERS H/T-S 305-45-22'S, MFD BUTTONS ADDED, TRD ANTI SWAY, SET GLOSS BLACK PAINTED OEM RUNNING BOARDS, MORE TO COME......

Bone Stock Motor...... 1/4 mile 14.96 @ 94 mph

Liked
    5 times
    Images

I like how my 2011 V6 Sienna came with the 2 years free maintenance....which is basically 2 oil changes. They will only do it every 10k miles, but offered to do tire rotations every 5k miles. By the way, I was told by the Toyota mechanic that they use Valvoline 0-20 Synthetic. I thought this was weird as I know Toyota sales their own synthetic? So far at 3k miles, I've already had to add 3/4 of a quart.
    TRD Grille, TRD Interior, OME 60002 Rear shocks, OME865 Rear springs, OME861 stone guards, Downey Coilover, 285/65 Dynapro AT's, Total Chaos bushings, Bassani Exhaust, Amsoil on FIPK, Diehard Platinum, SilverStar lights, Formula One tint. (SOLD)

"Potential just means you ain't done it yet" -Darrell Royal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.