2004 sienna, auto up/down driver window problem

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2004 sienna, auto up/down driver window problem

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2004 sienna, auto up/down driver window problem

My wife left the key in the accessories position over night and it drained the battery. No big problem, charged the battery and all is well there. But for some reason the auto up/down feature of the driver's side window does not work anymore. And I also noticed that the light on the "AUTO" label of that switch is flickering. Took the switch assembly apart and nothing seemes out of the ordinary. Harness seems to be connected fine. All windows move up and down fine, window lock button works, and door lock switch works. Very odd. It may be coincidental that this happened after the battery drain. The only thing that I can think to try is a new switch assembly, which I am sure is not cheap. TIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Default Re: 2004 sienna, auto up/down driver window problem

Quote Originally Posted by bleedingreen
    My wife left the key in the accessories position over night and it drained the battery. No big problem, charged the battery and all is well there. But for some reason the auto up/down feature of the driver's side window does not work anymore. And I also noticed that the light on the "AUTO" label of that switch is flickering. Took the switch assembly apart and nothing seemes out of the ordinary. Harness seems to be connected fine. All windows move up and down fine, window lock button works, and door lock switch works. Very odd. It may be coincidental that this happened after the battery drain. The only thing that I can think to try is a new switch assembly, which I am sure is not cheap. TIA.
    It may need to be re-initialized, see EL009-04 POWER WINDOW / ROOF INITIALIZATION PROCEDURES
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Just thought that I post an update. Two days after the battery was recharged, everything started working again.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by bleedingreen View Post
    Just thought that I post an update. Two days after the battery was recharged, everything started working again.
    Too fix this, you just hold the power window (drivers) button up. when it reaches the top of the glass, dont let go and continue to hold the button for 5 seconds. It will reset the current limiting feature. To test it after programming, take a small stick, put it in the glass with the window rolled down. Hold it there and auto up the window when it reaches the top it should hit the stick and start to roll the window down.