2001 Sienna XLE Power Door Reinitialization

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Sienna XLE Power Door Reinitialization

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2001 Sienna XLE Power Door Reinitialization

2001 Sienna XLE Power Door - does not work. What are the steps to SUCCESSFULLY reinitialize it? I've tried the cryptic directions in the manual without success. Door will close but will not open.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    18 times

Default Re: 2001 Sienna XLE Power Door Reinitialization

Quote Originally Posted by eharman
    2001 Sienna XLE Power Door - does not work. What are the steps to SUCCESSFULLY reinitialize it? I've tried the cryptic directions in the manual without success. Door will close but will not open.
    (a) Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal for more than 1 min., and connect it.
    (b) Close the RH slide door manually.
    (c) Push the power slide door MAIN switch ON and wait for 5 secs.
    (d) Fully open the slide door by the power slide door control switch and wait for 3 secs.
    (e) Fully close the slide door by the power slide door control switch and wait for 3 secs.
    (f) Repeat the step (d) and (e).
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Tried that - numerous times.

Q - Does it matter? Pre-a) open the power door (manually,of course) with MAIN switch on or off?

How many times do I have to go through the entire sequence before it registers?

thanks

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by eharman
    Tried that - numerous times.

Q - Does it matter? Pre-a) open the power door (manually,of course) with MAIN switch on or off?

How many times do I have to go through the entire sequence before it registers?

thanks
    Sorry, can't answer the questions. My previous post contained an excerpt from the service manual.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Aloha! Did you find out how to reinitialize the power doors? I'm having problems with my 2003 XLE. If I don't close the sliding doors before starting the car, the doors will not close. The "power door" light comes on 90% of the time. The doors also acted up by opening and closing on its on.

Last week, the car also dies after i take my foot off the gas. Had to tow the car into the dealers.

It has been there for almost a week and dealer called today and said the problem with the sliding door is the battery! They want to charge me $200 to replace the battery. I told them I'll buy one from Sam's Club. He said they will need still need to reinitialize the power doors after battery installation.

I don't know how much they will charge me to reinitalize the doors so I want to know if this is something easy I can do myself.

Thanks!

Nancy

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by nhparrot
    (a) Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal for more than 1 min
    open slide door no more than 50%
    RECONNECT BATTERY AND MAKE SURE IT IS 100%
    (d) Fully open the slide door by the power slide door control switch and wait for 3 secs.
    (e) Fully close the slide door by the power slide door control switch and wait for 3 secs.
    (f) Repeat the step (d) and (e) 5-7 TIMES
    I MODIFIED THE INSTRUCTIONS A BIT, it seems to work better this way for me.
    Also make sure the door junction connector is not broken and all the pins are in there (see attchment)

If the power sliding door fails to function properly after performing these steps
    above, replace the Power Sliding Door Control
    ECU. The ECU is located behind
    the power drive assembly (right rear quarter panel)
    Sienna Repair Manual for the ECU location information.

Last edited by mustang67408; 03-24-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Anyone know if it makes a difference if only the driver's side p-door is not working (will not open - makes some clicking sounds, closes OK).
    I've noticed re-initialization always refers to RH door. do you have do re-initialize both doors?

I've also seen the BO010-01 TSB - it references the TSB BO035-00 for dual power doors. Anyone know where I can find that? (for a non-paying subscriber...)

Thanks,
    (I also have 2001 XLE)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

First time poster, long time reader.

I can verify that the LH or Drivers side door is re-initialized by the above instructions. I followed them to a T and it fixed the problem I was having with the LH or Drivers side sliding door.

Basically, when pushing the power door open button, the door would just click and slightly pop open. It wouldn't close at all.

Now all is well.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i have a 2000 and recently i had the same problem when a friend of mine tried opening the door while the vehicle was in motion. i guess the door compeltely deactivated itself. all i did was cancel the power supply via the "PWR DOOR OFF" button on the dashboard. I then turned the car off and turned it back on, turned on the power to the door and it was good.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by nhparrot View Post
    (a) Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal for more than 1 min., and connect it.
    (f) Repeat the step (d) and (e).
    Clarification: does (c) refer to the button on the dash or is there another switch (on a 2001), I'm not aware of one.

Also, does it mean press AND hold for 5 secs, or just press/release then wait 5 secs.....

Thanks

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

hi,i had the same problem on my 1999 xle,i got it fixed by the following steps: a)close the sliding door manually.b)Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal for more than 1 min., and connect it.c)turn the car key to the ON position-remember this step is so important-do not turn on the engine.wait for 10 second.d)turn on the main power door switch -left side of the steering wheel- wait for 10 second.e)open sliding door electrically-wait 3 second.f)close it electrically.do steps e)and f) 2 or 3 times.then turn on the engine take a short trip ,stop the car open and close door to clear the warning light from the dashboard.if this steps did not solved the problem try again after you remove and install the circuit breakers (fuses) located right aft behind the last passenger seat.good luck

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I followed the procedures to reinitialize the power door. It worked. But the power door warning light is still on after the problem is gone. Does anyone know how to reset the power door warning light?

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by sienna_sj View Post
    I followed the procedures to reinitialize the power door. It worked. But the power door warning light is still on after the problem is gone. Does anyone know how to reset the power door warning light?
    After initialization, cylce the power door(s) open /closed until the light goes out. If you have 1 power slide door cycle it, if you have 2 power slide doors cycle them both. It may take 7-10 times before the light goes out.

If the light still will not turn off then your probably going to need a slide door ecu
    Last edited by mustang67408; 09-08-2008 at 06:18 AM.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

it will def need the ecu,, mine does, but i refuse to buy it...LOL i just tell my kids to use the other door...

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Does anybody know how much ECU cost?
    I was told to replace it from dealer long time ago,
    but I forgot, it was really expensive, though.

Can I buy ECU somewhere and install myself?

Thanks, in advance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast