Turning off the rear door closing beep

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turning off the rear door closing beep

Liked
    0 times

Default Turning off the rear door closing beep

Is there any way to turn off the beeping at the rear hatch on the 06 Sienna? The only reason I ask is because when the kids are sleeping and we are adding something to the rear storage compartment or taking it out they wake up with the beeping sound.
    2006 Tundra SR5 DC
    Phantom grey all power
    Tinted front windows to match rear
    Line-X
    Debaddged

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Turning off the rear door closing beep

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cannon View Post
    Is there any way to turn off the beeping at the rear hatch on the 06 Sienna? The only reason I ask is because when the kids are sleeping and we are adding something to the rear storage compartment or taking it out they wake up with the beeping sound.
    Remove the hatch trim, and disconnect the 2 pin wire harness going to the beeper. Its a black 1 inch by inch looking device.... Its roughy in the middle of the hatch.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Turning off the rear door closing beep

Sounds like I could do this on my 2004 Toyota Sienna, but I've never taken the trim off. Should I buy a repair manual or is there some self-evident method I'm just not getting? I really don't want to snap, crackle, or pop anything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.