door lock actuator 2004 - Page 3

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: door lock actuator 2004

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: door lock actuator 2004

Quote Originally Posted by mustang67408 View Post
    There is no pdf file on how to replace those actuators, only a file that shows how to dis -assmble the door. After that you have to remove the latch on the inside of the door. The actuator screws to the back side of the latch.
    Could I get the pdf for the passenger side, front door? My lock quit working also, I'm hoping it's not the actuator, but IYOP do you think it would be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Well, since I origanally posted this I had to replace the passenger side lock assy. shortly following the Drivers side. That was about 4 years ago. Now the Drivers side is gone again. It is a 4 year part. Every 4 years the thing goes bad. The cheapest I can find the part on the net is $174. Anybody know of a cheaper place? That is Mag Auto.com. If you know of a better price please let me know.
    I think Toyota blew it on this part. It is crap.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

can i get a copy of that file that shows how to dis assemle the drivers side sliding door. i have a 2005 sienna with the same problem

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Hi Mustang. Sounds like I found the right thread. I have a 2005 Tundra Double Cab and the RH front door lock (the mechanism by the opening handle) only works manually. I am guessing the actuator is shot since the electric switch on that side will lock and unlock all of the other doors. Could I hit you up for that pdf file you so kindly provided others? Thanks.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit View Post
    Hi Mustang. Sounds like I found the right thread. I have a 2005 Tundra Double Cab and the RH front door lock (the mechanism by the opening handle) only works manually. I am guessing the actuator is shot since the electric switch on that side will lock and unlock all of the other doors. Could I hit you up for that pdf file you so kindly provided others? Thanks.
    PM sent to you

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hi,
    I have a 2004 sienna with possible door lock actuator problem in passenger side sliding door.
    I bought the below item from ebay as a passenger side lock assembly.
    Is this correct part?
    Is the grey part an actuator? If so, can I swap only actuator instead of whole assembly?

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-1.jpg 
Views:	1390 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	56210  

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have the same problem with my 04 Sienna passenger side sliding door - the lock release doesn't work with the key fob or interior button. Meanwhile the motor tries to open the door which I believe will ultimately destroy the cabling. Anyone have directions on how to replace the door lock release assembly part # 85620-08061?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE - Sliding Door Problem

The driver's side sliding door will no longer work. Please share information as to the part number and PDF to change out equipment. Not the most handy person. THanks!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

There is another solution to this located here Driver's side sliding door lock actuator. The problem is actually a broken motor in the actuator that you can buy on Ebay for $10. If you are mechanically inclined it is a cheap fix for this problem. We have a 2004 Sienna XLE Limited that this happened to on the driver side sliding door. Hope this helps many.
    Last edited by sunkey1; 08-16-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123