99 Sienna - power sliding door repair success

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 99 Sienna - power sliding door repair success

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 99 Sienna - power sliding door repair success

I fixed my power sliding door with just a few hours of labor.
    The sliding door would open but it would not close by itself.
    Mustang67408 was helpful with diagnosing the problem and the conclusion was that the control unit was bad.

Well, IMHO this repair was an easy one. The most difficult part was locating the control unit and figuring out how to get it out.

I took me about 3 hours to do the job, which included taking all sorts of pictures and writing up a little procedure.

I don't know how much the dealership will charge for this but I bet that a skilled mechanic can do it in 1 hour. Does anyone know how many hours they charge for this repair?

Robert

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    33 times

Default Re: 99 Sienna - power sliding door repair success

Quote Originally Posted by volvo4fun View Post
    I fixed my power sliding door with just a few hours of labor.
    The sliding door would open but it would not close by itself.
    Mustang67408 was helpful with diagnosing the problem and the conclusion was that the control unit was bad.

Well, IMHO this repair was an easy one. The most difficult part was locating the control unit and figuring out how to get it out.

I took me about 3 hours to do the job, which included taking all sorts of pictures and writing up a little procedure.

I don't know how much the dealership will charge for this but I bet that a skilled mechanic can do it in 1 hour. Does anyone know how many hours they charge for this repair?

Robert
    We get 1.5 hrs labor.
    And a skilled TECHNICIAN ( I know personnally ) can do it in about 15-20 minutes as long as there is no baby seat in the back .

Congrats on fixing your door