Sienna sliding door - Diagrams? Pictures [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Sienna sliding door - Diagrams? Pictures

ericp
03-08-2008, 04:01 PM
The drivers side sliding door on my 2001 XLE busted this week. The cable on the outside is visible and slack when the door is open and the door only works in manual mode. I am sure the dealer is going to want an arm and a leg to repair this - probably making a car with 110k on it not worth the effort. does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the door mechanism that is probably broken? I might want to take a stab at repairing it myself or perhaps finding some parts at a local boneyard or ebay. I have been googling for a while now and can't find any site with a drawing of the door or the parts/system that makes it work. Thanks for any help!

ericp
03-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Oh, one more thing. The sliding door will open up under motor power but it will not close under motor power. I would think the motor is ok but it seems like the cable is broken or some mechanism that pulls the door shut. Anyone know what this could be? Thanks.

clubfoot
03-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll take a wild guess here, but first,....can you interrupt the opening by pulling the door handle again and have it go back to close?
If yes then it's not the motor or control. I would look at the fully open/stop switch, if there is one because it is probably not telling the control system that the door has stopped and can now be closed.

nhparrot
03-10-2008, 03:11 AM
The drivers side sliding door on my 2001 XLE busted this week. The cable on the outside is visible and slack when the door is open and the door only works in manual mode. I am sure the dealer is going to want an arm and a leg to repair this - probably making a car with 110k on it not worth the effort. does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the door mechanism that is probably broken? I might want to take a stab at repairing it myself or perhaps finding some parts at a local boneyard or ebay. I have been googling for a while now and can't find any site with a drawing of the door or the parts/system that makes it work. Thanks for any help!

http://techinfo.toyota.com/index.html

clubfoot
03-10-2008, 04:00 PM
nhparrot, thanks for the post, but I'm from Canada and can not subscribe to the service,....wish I could :(

clubfoot
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I live in Canada and can not subscribe :(

ericp
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Anyone try this site?
Is it legit or another scam trying to take our money? Who are these people and why/how do they have access to these types of things where the average Joe would not? Are they affiliated with Toyota?

LGL002
03-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Anyone try this site?
Is it legit or another scam trying to take our money? Who are these people and why/how do they have access to these types of things where the average Joe would not? Are they affiliated with Toyota?

It is a Toyota company website:tu:.

Larry

clubfoot
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Anyone try this site?
It's a Toyota site with lots of tech info and for $10.00 for the day you could download your vehicle's entire maintenance manuals, I just wish I could do the same but I don't have a US address :(

ericp
03-11-2008, 08:45 PM
pretty good deal for the day. I think I'll try it on a weekend. there has to be a way around residing in canada. Why should that matter to Toyota?
BTW, I got the car back from the dealer. Bad motor and ECN? Total cost $2400. Well the car has 110k on it so that door just became a manual one.
Perhaps if I can find a crashed minivan and get some used parts I might try to repair it but on a 7 year old car that kind of cash is not worth it.

Anyone know how to disable the signal that keeps the power door switch lit from the left door? Thanks.

DDLexus
11-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Here is a TSB i found online. Maybe this is useful from someone...
Cheers.

POWER SLIDING DOOR INOPERATIVE
TSIB: EL004-04

johnfixesstuff
01-29-2014, 12:21 PM
I repaired my 2004 Toyota Sienna's sliding door cable assembly and have detailed the repair with lots of pictures and diagrams on my blog at: John Fixes Stuff: How to Replace the Power Sliding Door Cables on a 2004-2007 Toyota Sienna XLE (http://johnfixesstuff.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-replace-the-power-sliding-door-cables-2004-207-toyota-sienna-xle.html)