2008 Toyota Highlander Traction Control Light Comes On When Pulling Out Of Parking... [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: 2008 Toyota Highlander Traction Control Light Comes On When Pulling Out Of Parking...

cslinger
08-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Every once in a blue moon the little yellow traction control light on the dash will come on when I am backing out of a parking place. It doesn't seem to cause a problem but I am unsure why this light would illuminate as soon as I start the vehicle in a parking place that is more or less on level ground.

Any input on this from the hive mind?

Thank you all very much,
Chris

sanf
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
how about this, while you are at a red light. try stepping all the way down on your brake. it will also activate the traction warning...I didn't find anything on that in the owner's manual

bepperb
08-25-2008, 08:48 AM
If you're in gear and stepping on the brake, you may see the slip indicator light flashing. This indicates that Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC) has been activated. This feature is supposed to keep the brakes applied for two seconds to prevent the car rolling back on a hill while you move your foot from the brake to the gas. You turn on HAC by pushing on the brake harder than usual.

This isn't unique to the Highlander. In my opinion, Toyota should have a light specifically for this, as this "feature" confuses many people.

cslinger
08-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I bet that is exactly it. Since pulling out feels as if the brakes are automatically being applied.

Thank you all for the quick response.

Chris