How to clean headliner? [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: How to clean headliner?

PagalDesi4Life
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Are there any products or techniques you would reccomend when cleaning the headliner? Everywhere else on the vehicle I always clean, panels, dashboard, seats etc, but now its time to remove the dirt stains from the headliner so I wanted to know if there was anything out there for it (ir seat shampoo, etc).

Brandon1
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Plain woolite (hot) 10:1 and a stiff bristle brush. Dont soak the headliner, just a light mist.

LTek1
08-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Are there any products or techniques you would reccomend when cleaning the headliner? Everywhere else on the vehicle I always clean, panels, dashboard, seats etc, but now its time to remove the dirt stains from the headliner so I wanted to know if there was anything out there for it (ir seat shampoo, etc).

I keep an aerosol can of Turtle Oxy carpet cleaner in the truck. It has a brush built in, and seems to work really well on carpet and upholstery. Haven't tried it on headliner, but I imagine it'd work fine there too.

PagalDesi4Life
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Any other ideas? Haven't had time to try anything but I want to clean the interior for the holidays.

smashit
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Any other ideas? Haven't had time to try anything but I want to clean the interior for the holidays.

I take a towel dampened with hot water, spray ordinary foaming upholstery cleaner onto the towel, and just kinda work it into the liner. It gets rid of any dirt stains really well.

LZGUY
11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
If its not rubbed in try a good vacuum cleaner with an upholstery brush
before you get it wet.

Dan

RIjon
11-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I spray Windex and wipe with clean rag. Works fantastic.