What kind of exuast do you have [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: What kind of exuast do you have

thunder gray tundra
07-22-2003, 11:07 PM
I have 40s dual flowmasters with a H pipe.Love it,but would like to get some feed back on other exuast system and how you like them. Also if you have pics of them.run off of my quote,then to the attach file so we can see them.

Chris
P.S.
I hope thew moderators here dont move my post Like they did yesterday.I just want to know what the guys & surfer girls here have.thank you.

rn039
07-22-2003, 11:31 PM
STOCK! I don't want a loud exhaust and will only buy an aftermarket piece after I hear one first hand in person.

thunder gray tundra
07-22-2003, 11:47 PM
you dont want noise but yet you have a MR2 with exuast or is that just nice tips on that.Your truck is badd and needs some exuast.

rn039
07-22-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by thunder gray tundra
you dont want noise but yet you have a MR2 with exuast or is that just nice tips on that.Your truck is badd and needs some exuast.

My MR2 has a greddy exhaust system that is very quiet. It is only a lil loud once I actually mash it and have the turbo spooling which is probably the first thing someone hears along with the blow-off valve when I shift gears.

I wouldn't mind a sportscar being loud if it ran 13 seconds or lower ET's, but a truck? Maybe a monster truck :D

Different strokes for different folks.

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Thats cool.Maybe one day when driving down the street you might here a tundra with exaust on it and change your mind.Nothing like a good rummmmmble going down the street

rn039
07-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Thats cool.Maybe one day when driving down the street you might here a tundra with exaust on it and change your mind.Nothing like a good rummmmmble going down the street

All I need is some Taco Bell for a rumble :clown:

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 12:15 AM
You will get more than a rumble if you go to taco bell.You will be running for the bathroom and having some nice exaust sounds

Dude Boy
07-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Here's a picture of probably the best you can get. (Exhaust anyway, not sure about the truck)

rn039
07-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Dude Boy
Here's a picture of probably the best you can get. (Exhaust anyway, not sure about the truck)

Just being honest....

Duals exiting out of the rear of the truck looks "wetback" style.

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by rn039
Just being honest....

Duals exiting out of the rear of the truck looks "wetback" style.
What about mine? Im mexican

Verndog
07-23-2003, 12:42 AM
I have a similar setup. Had a complete custom system done at local header shop. Running dual 2 1/4 into flowmaster 70s, with H crossover, straight out the back. Perfect combination, sound, looks, and power. I picked up about 1 mpg also (first 2 tanks...poss. more on highway...not sure yet).

I can feel a difference at about 3000 RPM and up, it really kicks in. It also helps with towing on incline.

Check out my pics.

BTW....ignore that idiots comment...obviously been in California too long.

Kevin

rn039
07-23-2003, 12:43 AM
What about mine? Im mexican

No comment :p

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Verndog
I have a similar setup. Had a complete custom system done at local header shop. Running dual 2 1/4 into flowmaster 70s, with H crossover, straight out the back. Perfect combination, sound, looks, and power. I picked up about 1 mpg also (first 2 tanks...poss. more on highway...not sure yet).

I can feel a difference at about 3000 RPM and up, it really kicks in. It also helps with towing on incline.

Check out my pics.

Kevin
Cool man- nice truck

rn039
07-23-2003, 12:48 AM

Check out my pics.

Kevin

Hey Kev, don't be mad cuz you have a funny looking exhaust.:clown:

Verndog
07-23-2003, 12:53 AM
Hey Kev, don't be mad cuz you have a funny looking exhaust.

I'm not....to each his own. I like it and have had several compliments on it. It's the racial slurr that bothered me, totally uncalled for, and classless:td: Clearly we have different tastes!

Kevin

rn039
07-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Hey Kev, don't be mad cuz you have a funny looking exhaust.

I'm not....to each his own. I like it and have had several compliments on it. It's the racial slurr that bothered me, totally uncalled for, and classless:td: Clearly we have different tastes!

Kevin

It wasn't meant to be a racial slur. That is why it is in quotation marks (ie. "ricey"). If someone took offense to it. Boohoo

Verndog
07-23-2003, 01:07 AM
It wasn't meant to be a racial slur. That is why it is in quotation marks (ie. "ricey"). If someone took offense to it. Boohoo

Really???? Just whom are you quoting?? That doesn't change the message you send, and seeing how your location clearly has had an influence on your "quote"...it speaks volumns...as does your follow up post.

Why would I be mad about an opinion from a person with no class? I would only have feelings for a person whom I respect.

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 01:08 AM
ok ok guys--cant we all just get along

rn039
07-23-2003, 01:13 AM

Really???? Just whom are you quoting?? That doesn't change the message you send, and seeing how your location clearly has had an influence on your "quote"...it speaks volumns...as does your follow up post.

Why would I be mad about an opinion from a person with no class? I would only have feelings for a person whom I respect.

If you haven't heard ricey, fobby, or wetback then I don't know where you have been. Maybe under a rock? Maybe that's why your taste on aftermarket parts are so terrible. One look at your truck and I want to gouge my eyes out with a knife.

Your assumption of me being a racist is comedy. I grew up in a hispanic neighborhood for 15 yrs (4-19 yrs old) and can speak it, so STFU. My god son is 1/2 spanish and 1/2 mexican. You don't know me, so once again STFU

I'll gladly give you some feeling with something if you attend the next meet.

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Lucky you guys dont live in the same state.We might have a fist fight going here.

Verndog
07-23-2003, 01:17 AM
One look at your truck and I want to gouge my eyes out with a knife.

Something tells me someone beat you to that. That would explain your vision problem....Better check those torque specs on your ears though!:D

rn039
07-23-2003, 01:19 AM
You can have the last "laugh." I think we just ruined his thread. :cry:

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 01:21 AM
It ok.having fun here.viva la raza.Just glad my thread hasnt been moved again.

rn039
07-23-2003, 01:24 AM
It ok.having fun here.viva la raza.Just glad my thread hasnt been moved again.

Tell me about it. Funny how the moderator responded to your post up there. HEHE.

Like your lift by the way. What is your setup and have u had any problems? If so, what did you have to do to it?

thunder gray tundra
07-23-2003, 01:30 AM
That is a daystar 2 1/2 spacers in front and add a leaf rear,also with a three inch body lift.sitting on 285/75/16 BFGs--no problems with it -well maybe--when I drive by another tundra,the person driving it cant stop looking at mine

Y2kn1Tun
07-25-2003, 12:55 AM
My exhaust is sort of a work in progress. I've got true duals exiting out the sides behind the tires. For now I've got glasspacks, (can be ghetto or hick... either one works :p ) I don't have an H-pipe or anything at this point. I'm gonna get a body lift in a couple weeks and after the install I'm gonna get new pipes 3'' higher goin straight back. Exiting behind the tires catches all the crap that gets kicked up by the tires, makes the tips a PITA to keep clean. :mad: I also want to replace the packs with spintech mufflers and add an H-pipe while I'm at it. Then my exhaust will be done. :cool:

Y2kn1Tun
07-25-2003, 01:01 AM
Dang, this thread got kinda heated. :o Go chill and drink a Corona with lime to fugetaboutit. :D http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Turbo_Tundra
07-25-2003, 10:17 AM
I had the factory exhaust cut off right behind the 2 cats and now have a custom system that runs duals into a single flowmaster with a single 3" outlet that dumps right before the rear bumper so you do not see any exhuast tips...:) Works great with the S/C...:D

GaryFisher
07-26-2003, 08:04 AM
I have the BAssani Exhuast setup with duals exitin behind the rear tires. Sounds pretty good for a V6. Pics in my photos.

fastman9
07-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Gibson Cat back

H2O_MAN
07-27-2003, 08:12 AM
100% stock.
I plan on keeping it stock until the warranty run's out.
Or the soon to be installed SC blows it out :)

macasados
07-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Just recently installed Magnaflow X Pipe dual exhaust. Stainless steel muffler and tips.. Cut factory exhaust behind the cat's.. Ran exhaust behind rear wheels like the factory.. Sounds and looks great.. Sorry no pictures..

jbtoy
07-29-2003, 05:43 PM
Another custom setup here.

As one of the early birds into Tundra land, there were no options like TRD, Borla, etc. for our rides when I purchased mine. I went custom with a new "Y", single in, dual out, with straight exit out the back. The system is all SS, and the tips are polished SS. Still happy with the setup and it sounds great with the sunroof open, IMO. As we now know, it takes a while before the aftermarket kicks in to offer products for our rides.

abrams57
07-29-2003, 08:18 PM
For those of you who have done away with the resonator, is it much louder in the cab? What's with all the hype about the Bassani exhaust? Any pics of their mufflers?

Verndog
07-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bkoneski47
For those of you who have done away with the resonator, is it much louder in the cab? What's with all the hype about the assani exhaust? Any pics of their mufflers?

I ousted mine, but am running Flowmaster 70 series, I have little to no cab noise, but hear it when I get on it. At cruising speed, on a flat I have to actually listen to hear it. Pefect for what I wanted, low mellow rumble of V8 with very little cab noise.

Kevin