brake tsb??? [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: brake tsb???

jnoley07
10-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey,

after about a yr of putting up with my brakes squeaking like crazy while backing out of my driveway and periodically throughout the day I did a search to see if other Tacoma owners were having this problem as well. Well wouldnt you know I am not the only one. Apparently there is a TSB for this but I have not been able to find it anywhere, does anyone have any info on this???? Thanks in advance.

Splicer
10-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not aware of a TSB, but it's a common problem. Seems to be worse backing out or the driveway first thing in the morning with cold brakes. Dealer told me it's caused by glazed shoes and can be fixed by lightly sanding the shoes & drums, which they did one time. It helped but was only temporary. I haven't bothered to sand them again because I figure it won't last anyway.

It may be caused by the type of shoe material. For instance, Volvos seem to have harder-than-normal brake pads, and they tend to squeal a lot. I suppose they last longer, but it is annoying.

jnoley07
10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
There is a TSB for the brakes. I dont have the number in front of me. I had mine done on Wednesday. Apparently the dealers now about it, at least Wolfchase Toyota does in Memphis. I called them up and asked about it and service mgr said there is a TSB for it, just to bring the truck in and they would take care of it.
All I can tell is that they put larger discs on it. But it was free so I am not complaining. Once I get home and remember it I will post the number or if anyone needs it just PM me and I will send it to you.

Splicer
10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
A few minutes on Google resulted in this:

BR005R-07 SEP 07 Brakes - Front Brake Noise When Applied Backing Up

jnoley07
10-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Mine still squeal like crazy even after the TSB, I honestly believe they just threw some goo on it and said let it be. Im not worrying about it anymore. As long as the damn things stop the truck when I hit the brake, so be it. I will just turn the radio up when backing up.