Question HID Ballast Placement [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Question HID Ballast Placement

shwaaag
05-13-2011, 02:22 PM
If you've installed HID lights in your Sequoia/Tundra, just wondering where you've placed your ballasts. Pics would be helpful...

I'm asking this a little late though, since I'm planning on installing everything tonight when I get home from work (5PM PST).

Thanks in advance!

JamieD
05-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello, I had all three sets done. Total of six ballasts. I will take a look where they are.

ZapcoTundra
05-13-2011, 05:40 PM
i placed mine next to the light bucket and zip tied it so it will be there forever and its out of the way. in all honesty as long as they arent kickin it like a chiken and dangling like deees nutz you will be fine. zip ties are your best friend, as the adhesive if yours have them doesnt work for crap after a while.

hope this helps

shwaaag
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the responses...

However, I'm having more of an issue about the wiring than I am with the ballast placement.

I don't think I have the correct wiring harness for my lights....

Can anybody answer the question I have in the attached picture?

Thanks...

ZapcoTundra
05-13-2011, 08:53 PM
ive never seen that kit before, but on most of them the ballast has a plug for the stock receptacle. did it come with directions? try the website for instructions on the kit.

i use the DDM kit, it is completely plug and play.

shwaaag
05-13-2011, 08:57 PM
ive never seen that kit before, but on most of them the ballast has a plug for the stock receptacle. did it come with directions? try the website for instructions on the kit.

i use the DDM kit, it is completely plug and play.

No directions, but I've emailed the picture off to Lightwerkz as well, hopefully they can give me some guidance.

Appreciate your response though!

shwaaag
05-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Oh Damn...

Forgot to mention that this is a bi-xenon wiring setup...

ZapcoTundra
05-14-2011, 12:28 AM
yea mine is hi/low as well. been on for 3 years now

they should have some instructions at least,