Alpine deck and wire install [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Alpine deck and wire install

dyogim
03-29-2002, 07:28 AM
I'm purchasing an Alpine CD deck, either the cdm-7874 or the cdm 7870). Nothing too fancy, just something to play cd's and hook-up my 6 disc cd changer. Does anyone have the schematics for the wiring set-up of the stock head unit(radio and tape deck unit, no cd). I'm going to need to install a wire harness and want to make sure I connect the corresponding wires correctly. Or if anyone has any install information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

nhparrot
03-29-2002, 07:44 AM
Mike,
It is all in the Audio & Security FAQ. The FAQ is in the "Audio & Security" Garage forum. If you have any questions, email or PM me.
~Glenn

dyogim
03-29-2002, 08:04 AM
I should have looked there first. Thanks for the info nhparrot.

Mike

nhparrot
03-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Mike,
If you pick up a Scosche TA02 then the TAO2 will plug directly into the Toyota 6-pin & 10-pin connectors and you then just connect the wires from the wire the leads from Alpine to the TA02 and plug in the TA02 to the factory connections.

They also make a SMTA02ALP16 that plugs directly from the Alpine to the Toyota connections with no wiring needed on your part.

~Glenn