'04 DB Tundra Lift [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: '04 DB Tundra Lift

SDMike
12-02-2003, 08:50 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this board. I was on a similar board
Serious Explorations (www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php/) when I owned a Ford Explorer. That was a an awesome board with really good people on it. It was a good resource for useful information. I'm glad I found this board. Needless to say I sold my explorer and last week I got my Black SR5 TRD DC Tundra and I LOVE IT!! It's a treat to drive. I'm not wasting any time, tomorrow I get my suspension lift put on, 2.5-3 inches and Flowmaster exhaust on Saturday. I'm also looking to fit some BFG KO or MT, 32's or 33's. I'm debating on whether or not I should add a 3-inch body lift(if they even make one) in addition. Does anyone have the 3-inch suspension and 3 body lift combo? Any thoughts? Thanks and I look forward to being a contributor to this board.

DevinSixtySeven
12-02-2003, 09:06 AM
i think i saw some people from that board, or one similar, down in moab when amado and i were there two summers ago.

there are plenty guys running suspension lifts with body lifts...just make sure you have enough spacers to fit the cab, i don't know if the number of cab-frame mounts changed with the dc, or if there's anything else (bumper brackets, maybe) that changed with the dc.

cant wait to see it finished :D

CFEATH
12-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this board. I was on a similar board
Serious Explorations (www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php/) when I owned a Ford Explorer. That was a an awesome board with really good people on it. It was a good resource for useful information. I'm glad I found this board. Needless to say I sold my explorer and last week I got my Black SR5 TRD DC Tundra and I LOVE IT!! It's a treat to drive. I'm not wasting any time, tomorrow I get my suspension lift put on, 2.5-3 inches and Flowmaster exhaust on Saturday. I'm also looking to fit some BFG KO or MT, 32's or 33's. I'm debating on whether or not I should add a 3-inch body lift(if they even make one) in addition. Does anyone have the 3-inch suspension and 3 body lift combo? Any thoughts? Thanks and I look forward to being a contributor to this board.
Congrats on the new purchase...I too just bought an SR5 TRD 2wd DC and I am going to go with the 3" King coilover lift with the Total Chaos upper a-arms and from what I've heard on this site I should be able to fit 33's? (Any feedback would be great) I may have to go with 285/75/17 but I'm not sure yet. If you are going to go with no bigger than 33's, you shouldn't have to get a body lift, but if you are going to crank up a coilover all the way I would suggest getting the TC a-arms because the lift will put excessive strain on your ball joints. Go to www.protrux.net to see the TC upper A-arms.

DevinSixtySeven
12-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Congrats on the new purchase...I too just bought an SR5 TRD 2wd DC and I am going to go with the 3" King coilover lift with the Total Chaos upper a-arms and from what I've heard on this site I should be able to fit 33's? (Any feedback would be great) I may have to go with 285/75/17 but I'm not sure yet. If you are going to go with no bigger than 33's, you shouldn't have to get a body lift, but if you are going to crank up a coilover all the way I would suggest getting the TC a-arms because the lift will put excessive strain on your ball joints.

with the chaos uppers, get the donahoe coilovers that are meant to go with them. kartek sells them in sets with the chaos uppers, i think...they allow more extension than the kings, so you can get your money's worth out of the uniball uppers.

you'll fit 33s just fine :D...but i think you mean 285/70/17, not 285/75/17

CFEATH
12-02-2003, 09:20 AM
with the chaos uppers, get the donahoe coilovers that are meant to go with them. kartek sells them in sets with the chaos uppers, i think...they allow more extension than the kings, so you can get your money's worth out of the uniball uppers.

you'll fit 33s just fine :D...but i think you mean 285/70/17, not 285/75/17
Thanks DeepStealth, you are right on your correction (285/70/17) my bad. Thanks for the info, I am having the lift done at protrux in san marcos,Ca and they sell the kings as well as the donahoe but the kings are cheaper but if you say that I'll get more out of the uppers maybe I ought to check out the price difference. I am buying my wheels and tires from 4wheelparts and they said that they would mount a 33" and a 285/70/17 to see if the 33's will clear. Do you know of somebody running the 33's on an 03 or 04 with this lift?

DevinSixtySeven
12-02-2003, 09:35 AM
yeah, it was flyin6 that mentioned it...i didnt know there were two flavors of the donahoe. they run about a grand, but they're extremely good quality...the dr team just ran them on a stock taco in the baja 1K (the taco made it 500 miles before timing out due to a busted rear axle repair). anyway, the droop is worth the trouble...i have a different flavor (teamwest sway-a-way package) to the same effect, the droop is great.