RS3000 remote, Keyless entry, main box? [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: RS3000 remote, Keyless entry, main box?

uncle ernie
07-28-2011, 03:35 PM
I recently bought a used 2001 Tundra SR5, and it did not come with any remote alarm key-fobs. where would i look to find the RS3000 system, mounted to see if all I need is to buy the remote key fob to get the keyless entry?

jack mccarthy
07-28-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I thought the keyfobs only came on 2002 and above. I could be wrong. The RS3000 system takes advantage of the alarm already built into the 2002 and adds a glass breakage sensor.

I'm not sure if the RS3000 works with the 2000-2001 models. Someone else will have to chime in here. Good luck.

DJ
07-29-2011, 07:29 AM
My 2000 Access Cab has the RS3000 alarm system, and I recently replaced the original key fobs.

The original key fobs were a defective design in that the button contacts became intermittent. A better design is available with a different FCC ID.

I bought Toyota Part #PT398-07101 from Keyless Remotes - Car Remotes, Replacement Key fobs, Keyless Entry Remotes, Transponder Car Keys. (http://www.carandtruckremotes.com) These people appear to be very knowledgable about what remotes work with what vehicle, were very aware of the problem I had with mine, were quite helpful to work with, and solved the problem perfectly. I recommend them highly.

Now, a fair warning: Stay away from generic, "fits-all" remotes which claim to work with your vehicle. They are cheap, which is their advantage. But, you might find simply waving your hands near the window to work better. Been there, tried that.

In my truck, the alarm control unit is inside the dash, all the way to the left end. To get to it, you have to remove the lower panel of the left end of the dash (which is easy), then carefully snake out the air duct which serves the far left dash vent. It hooks onto the vent at the top, then pivots downward a bit to fit. The control unit is a small, gray box which is held to the left end of the dash via a thick slab of double-sided tape.

To program the new fob (and instructions will come with it), you'll have to push a small, green button which is recessed deep inside a small hole on the forward face of that box. To get access to that button, just pull the box off the tape, leaving it plugged in. Do so, do your programming, then push it back onto the double-sided tape, and reassemble everything.

Trust me, all this is easier than it sounds. Discovering what is required is the hard part, and I've done that for you.

That being said, I have read that the control box is located under the driver's seat on newer models, but I don't know what year the change-over happened. Yours might be under the seat.

Try the people I've linked to above. Good OEM fobs aren't cheap, but mine work perfectly and from over 100 feet away.

NH-Archer
07-29-2011, 09:36 AM
FYI, I was installing my satelite radio and found 4 remotes taped to the back of my glove box in a plastic bag!!!! I am the original owner... 02 Tundra.

Remmy700P
07-29-2011, 10:20 AM
FYI, I was installing my satelite radio and found 4 remotes taped to the back of my glove box in a plastic bag!!!! I am the original owner... 02 Tundra.

I'll buy one from you!

2003bajatundra4x4ac
07-31-2011, 05:26 AM
same here, but give me the numbers off it first so i can verify they match. mines' an 03.

uncle ernie
07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
I looked below my front seat, and in the left front panel, didnt see anything, guess PO didn't buy it, thanks for the help, even looked behind the glove box, nothing but plastic vent tubing.

tundraandme
09-14-2011, 04:36 PM
i got a new remote for my tundra at the site below
keyless remote replacement (http://www.remotesremotes.com)

mlowder
10-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Maybe someone can help me. I have a 2003 Tundra SR5, it had a security system dealer installed. What kind of system would it be RS3000 or RS3200???? I don't know. And does anyone know if you remove the Security ECU will that kill the security system in 2003 tundras?

jweg84
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
i got a new remote for my tundra at the site below
keyless remote replacement (http://www.remotesremotes.com)
Do the programming steps on the site actually work?
***Programming***
ALL REMOTES COME WITH WORKING BATTERIES INSTALLED
1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.
2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds.
A. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
B. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Close then open the drivers door.
B. Close then open the drivers door.
C. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Close then open the drivers door.
B. Close then open the drivers door.
C. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
D. Close the drivers door.
E. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
F. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into verification mode. return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

FirstGenTundra
03-23-2012, 05:59 AM
I know I'm a little late on this thread but I tried programing a new remote to my 2000 toyota tundra yesterday following the steps described above several times with no success. The truck would not lock or unlock automatically... (I have a manual on my computer). I don't know why the truck wouldn't respond. I have a VIP system and I think its a RS3000 system. Any idea's???