Overhead monitor [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Overhead monitor

AGC
12-17-2003, 01:00 PM
How hard is it to insatall an overhead monitor, I have a 02 Sequoia Limited w/sunroof. I originally wanted to install them in the headrest but decided to install an overhead instead because I didn't want to cut into the leather. Also what is a good size monitor.

DCTUNDRA
12-17-2003, 05:16 PM
How hard is it to insatall an overhead monitor, I have a 02 Sequoia Limited w/sunroof. I originally wanted to install them in the headrest but decided to install an overhead instead because I didn't want to cut into the leather. Also what is a good size monitor.

There are several suppliers that will sell you a headrest with the screen already installed. Typical price seems to be from $250 to $300. Check on ebay or some of the other internet electronic sites.

rizico
12-17-2003, 05:46 PM
I have a 8 inch wide screen flip down monitor in my 03' Tundra, It is a bit big for just the small back seat of a Tundra, but I think the size would be perfect for a Sequoia. I installed it myself and it wasn't much trouble to me, and it shouldn't be if you have had experience in removing panels and runnig wires and things. The screen is made by ProVision and is very clear. Be very aware of price when buying a screen, I paid $300 for mine, there was a $200 about identical to it, but was a different brand, I got the salesman to hook them both up, and you couldn't even make out the credits of a movie on the $200 screen!! It was just blurry lines, so the more you pay, the more Dots Per Inch you will get is what I assume.:D

HTH,

Imdone
12-17-2003, 06:00 PM
I have a 8 inch wide screen flip down monitor in my 03' Tundra, It is a bit big for just the small back seat of a Tundra, but I think the size would be perfect for a Sequoia. I installed it myself and it wasn't much trouble to me, and it shouldn't be if you have had experience in removing panels and runnig wires and things. The screen is made by ProVision and is very clear. Be very aware of price when buying a screen, I paid $300 for mine, there was a $200 about identical to it, but was a different brand, I got the salesman to hook them both up, and you couldn't even make out the credits of a movie on the $200 screen!! It was just blurry lines, so the more you pay, the more Dots Per Inch you will get is what I assume.:D

HTH,

Did you need to do any exterior attaching or is it just replacing the dome light and using the dome light bracket, or is it a velcro/silicone type of install?

rizico
12-17-2003, 06:12 PM
It called for some 1/2" wood screws to drill thru the attachement bracket of the screen and then thru the Headliner! This was unacceptable so I drilled 2 holes in the attatchment bracket in the same places as the 2 screws that hold the dome light in, and i just used those screws, that away I can go back to stock if need be without any problems.

Imdone
12-17-2003, 10:33 PM
It called for some 1/2" wood screws to drill thru the attachement bracket of the screen and then thru the Headliner! This was unacceptable so I drilled 2 holes in the attatchment bracket in the same places as the 2 screws that hold the dome light in, and i just used those screws, that away I can go back to stock if need be without any problems.

Cool how about the wiring, are there many wires that run to the actual screen like a power, ground, din cable, or is it just an RCA bundle? Thanks.