Question Help !!! [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Question Help !!!

kctundra5465
05-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey guys I have a 2000 tundra v8 it idles but wont rev up I have replaced everything known to man can anyone help ? I drove it to the dealer because it would quit running at upon stopping in traffic. was advised by dealer frame needed replaced when I finally got it back it wouldnt do anything but idle and the dealer says its not there fault

pirates712
05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Does the throttle cable move when you press the gas pedal?

Remmy700P
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Just to clarify, this symptom started to occur after you got the truck back from a dealer frame replacement?

oofy15354
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Just to clarify, this symptom started to occur after you got the truck back from a dealer frame replacement?

To me, it sounds like it would shut off when idling in traffic so he took it to the dealer. Then, the dealer replaced the frame and now it only runs at idle.

Also sounds like you will probably end footing the bill for whatever is wrong unless you are really good at complaining. This is why everyone going for the frame replacement should document the exact condition of the truck and have someone sign off on it BEFORE having the recall done so there is no dispute after