T.C. 4.5" lift for Sequoia [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: T.C. 4.5" lift for Sequoia

Ace Laserna
09-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Hello all,
I will be purchasing an '05 Sequoia in the next few weeks and I'm trying to figure out which lift/tire/wheel combo to go with.
Will the Tuff Country 4.5" kit for the Tundra work on the front of the Sequioia? If it will I was going to purchase it and go with a Downey coil & 2" spacer combo on the rear to match the front.
If it will not work on the Sequoia, then are there any body lifts available for the Sequoia? I'm still trying to decide which tire/wheel combo to go with, but I have a feeling either will require at least 4" of lift. I'm debating between the 31X12.50-16 SSR's on 16X10 wheels with 3.6" backspacing or the 33X13.50-20 Irok radials on 20X10 wheels. I have a feeling lift options will determine which wheels and tires I get.
Thanks in advance
-Ace

longwoodklon
09-08-2004, 09:24 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, but do know that you should be able to fit a 33" tire(285/75R16) with no rubbing with a 2.5" RevTek lift. You are talking about a very wide tire though, I'd imagine the bigger problem with a tire that wide would be rubbing your A-arm. I haven't really seen many lifts for the Seq. other than the Revtek and ProTechEZLift. I know sounddomain had a raised Seq., you might want to check that out and see what he did. Sorry I can't be much help. /Mike

Ace Laserna
09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. There definitely aren't many lift options out there for the Sequoia. I was hoping to use different lifts to get the height I needed like I did on my 4runner. This is going to be the family vehicle so I guess I might just stick to the revtek lift and go with 285's. I just wanted to go a little wider to give it a wider stance and so the tires wouldn't be inside the fender wells.
Thanks again,
Ace

Simias
09-28-2004, 03:32 PM
ace...try giving custom motorsports in CA a call to find what lift they used on this SEQUOIA (http://www.custommotorsports.com/cmsindex.cfm?cat=3&make=9). most likely, it's custom, but they might be able to tell you what they used.

Ace Laserna
09-28-2004, 09:30 PM
ace...try giving custom motorsports in CA a call to find what lift they used on this SEQUOIA (http://www.custommotorsports.com/cmsindex.cfm?cat=3&make=9). most likely, it's custom, but they might be able to tell you what they used.

Thanks, I'm assuming they mixed 2 lift kits for that Sequoia. Like the 4runners, the sequoia front ends are compatible with their pickup counterpart (tundra). So...the front end would not be a problem - the TC lift should work just fine. The rear is where the issues come into play. (just like the 4runners). To get matching lift in the rear with a coil spring setup, one would probably need to do what I did on my 97 runner. A Downey 2.5" coilspring with a 2" spacer on top would give about 4.5" of lift, then a custom panhard drop would have to be welded on to center the axle.
I've given this A LOT of thought and came to the conclusion that I do not need 3 lifted vehicles. So....I'm going with 20's on the Sequoia with 295/45's. Maybe later on down the road I might hop up to Terra grappler 305/50's, but I would need 2" of spacer lift for that.
I'm just having problems finding a 20X9 or 20X10 wheel with backspacing of 4" or less. i want to go with this backspacing because if I decide to go with 305/50's later on down the road I won't have to get new wheels and worry about tire rub on the arm or frame.
-Ace

Simias
09-29-2004, 08:28 PM
give swayaway a call. they lifted the truckin' magazine's project sequoia and the set-up was pretty straight forward. i started a thread in this forum regarding the sequoia, so check that out. i'd pull the thread up for you, but the kids are calling. :)

bmb408
10-30-2004, 03:06 AM

WOW! That Sequoia lift is PERFECT!!!! Looks fuggin' MEAN!

If that setup was readily available, I'd have one ordered in a heartbeat...

big-o
06-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I think the best out of the box set-up for the Sequoia is the Downey rear 2" spring, and get some nice Billstein shocks to go with it (make sure to ask Downey what the stiffer model is because the one they recommend is way to soft). Then for the front, you can run any coil-over you want. I did the Downey kit and cranked it up about 2.75 inches, and added the diff drop spacer. I can fit a 285 on a 16x8" rim with no problem. Looks and handles much better. I just need to upgrade the front sway bar and end link bushings, and throw on some Camburg upper arms. For now, it is much better. Good luck...

tundralift101
09-18-2011, 09:21 AM
id get the two inch rear downy lift and the t.c. lift with the 285/75/17 thats wat my tundra had on it and the tires didnt rub but i i got bigger wheels and tires with a 6"rcd lift

tundralift101
09-18-2011, 09:22 AM
any lift for the front of the sequoia or the tundra fit eachother the tundra and the sequoia are the same in the front really its based off the tundra

big-o
09-18-2011, 06:20 PM
id get the two inch rear downy lift and the t.c. lift with the 285/75/17 thats wat my tundra had on it and the tires didnt rub but i i got bigger wheels and tires with a 6"rcd lift

The Downey springs are not available and only provide about 1.5" of rear lift. Downey is out of business, although I've occasionally seen a set of the springs on ebay. I still wouldn't buy them because they are way too soft for the Sequoia. I ran them for a year and hated them. The rear lift can be done with stock 100 Series Land Cruiser rear springs to achieve 2" of rear lift or if you want to go higher you can do the Old Man Emu 865 for about 2.75" of lift which might be better with a 4.5" Tuff lift up front.