Tundra Front Bumper [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Tundra Front Bumper

DUKENO1
11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
I have a 2001 Tundra that needs a new chrome piece for the front bumper....has anyone bought one of the aftermarket replacements that are sold on ebay......they can be purchased for around 140$ whereas oem replacement is about 450$......just wondering if anyone had went that route and if so were they satisfied with the quality and fit of the cheaper version.....I know you usually get what you pay for but that is a big difference in price....thanks for any info

Tim

dyogim
11-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I have a 2001 Tundra that needs a new chrome piece for the front bumper....has anyone bought one of the aftermarket replacements that are sold on ebay......they can be purchased for around 140$ whereas oem replacement is about 450$......just wondering if anyone had went that route and if so were they satisfied with the quality and fit of the cheaper version.....I know you usually get what you pay for but that is a big difference in price....thanks for any info

Tim

I bought one and I was happy with it. Here's a pic of it with the top plastic piece installed and my Hella 500's mounted. The only problem I had is that the plastic inserts that fit into the factory fog light openings did not fit right. A very small amount of bending on the metal tabs fixed the problem. I mounted it to the truck and it looked very much like stock.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/data/6153/1000P9210303-thumb.JPG (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/20245/sort/1/cat/6153/page/1)

DUKENO1
11-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks a lot for the quick response......I believe I am going to go for it....it's not like they are making 'em like the old days anyway...if the oem was so great it wouldn't need to be replaced!!

dyogim
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks a lot for the quick response......I believe I am going to go for it....it's not like they are making 'em like the old days anyway...if the oem was so great it wouldn't need to be replaced!!

If you get it. Watch out for the edges. Some edges are sharp. I found out the hard when I didn't wear my gloves.