8.5 Quart Oil Change [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: 8.5 Quart Oil Change

u2slo
12-28-2004, 05:54 AM
This morning on my way to work my aem intake was failing.The 14 degree temps,snow and ice forming on the filter was blocking air flow. :eek: I removed it and put the stock intake back on.I also dumped the oil and filter.I checked the specs on the filter 3/4-16,thread size.Gasket size 2.734 OD,2.430 ID.NAPA gold filter 1348.I matched up a new filter NAPA gold filter 1714 same thread size, gasket size 2.834 OD and 2.462 ID,nearly identical.This filter is really big.I put 7.0 quarts oil in ran it for 4 minutes and let it sit for 5 min,rechecked added another 1.5 quarts ran it and rechecked.It was perfectly full on the top dot.I ran and rechecked it twice again perfectly full.I have no pics of it installed.You can see the filter at Napa.com and type in where it says part number 1714 hit go and it will show picture of it and all specs. :)

mitchr
12-28-2004, 06:18 AM
This morning on my way to work my aem intake was failing.The 14 degree temps,snow and ice forming on the filter was blocking air flow. :eek: I removed it and put the stock intake back on.I also dumped the oil and filter.I checked the specs on the filter 3/4-16,thread size.Gasket size 2.734 OD,2.430 ID.NAPA gold filter 1348.I matched up a new filter NAPA gold filter 1714 same thread size, gasket size 2.834 OD and 2.462 ID,nearly identical.This filter is really big.I put 7.0 quarts oil in ran it for 4 minutes and let it sit for 5 min,rechecked added another 1.5 quarts ran it and rechecked.It was perfectly full on the top dot.I ran and rechecked it twice again perfectly full.I have no pics of it installed.You can see the filter at Napa.com and type in where it says part number 1714 hit go and it will show picture of it and all specs. :)

That filter would have to hold 2 more quarts of oil(mine holds 6.5 quarts) than the filter I am using in order to put that much oil in my engine. Not saying that you did not count your quarts right or your dipstick is to short but that is alot of oil. How big is that NAPA filter?

Mitch

u2slo
12-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Just check it again and it is full right on the top dot.perfect.I just recounted 8 quart bottles of mobil 1 oil and the last quart sitting on my bench is a hair above 16 ounce mark.The filter looks like a paint can,it's huge!!!