Help me identify these fluids! [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Help me identify these fluids!

GaryFisher
01-24-2005, 09:48 AM
I parked my truck overnight and it has been quite cold up here in the northeast. I noticed yesterday that I was getting a lime green color dripping off my second cat as the snow melted off of it. This morning I also noticed snow saturated with a red color near the alignment bolt on my front right wheel. Im wondering if its just the color of the grease that soaked into the snow or a more significant problem...Thanks in advance

HBjeff
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
lime green is the color of coolant :eek:

red, im gonna guess power steering or automatic tranny fluid :eek:

GaryFisher
01-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Hmmmm but why would coolant be all the way down next to the second cat? Also i thought the coolant was red?

mitchr
01-24-2005, 10:53 AM
lime green is the color of coolant :eek:

red, im gonna guess power steering or automatic tranny fluid :eek:

Toyota coolant is red. Unless it was changed for after market.

GaryFisher
01-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Toyota coolant is red. Unless it was changed for after market.

Yeah it doesnt look like alot so Im just guessing that there was some residue that soaked into the snow...at least thats what im hoping.... the coolant level looks fine.

LGL002
01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
How about the washer fluid tank or hoses? The tank and it's connections are by the right front wheel as is the power steering fluid reservoir.

Larry

DevinSixtySeven
01-24-2005, 04:30 PM
have you washed the undercarriage lately with anything, or do you use simple green when you do? just a thought...might be old cleaning agent or something.

-sean