daystar 1" body lift and Cornfed 2" vs RCD and TC [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: daystar 1" body lift and Cornfed 2" vs RCD and TC

calitundra
09-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Read some posts which kind of died off. Who is using these kits? Any solution on the popping noise? Best pricing? Any pics? I am running the cornfed 2" lift and need just a little more. Have a 4x4 so I did not want to raise the front any higher. I really did not want to go with the full suspension set ups like RCD or Tough country if I didn't have to but for those of you that have what are your comments on them. I see TC has a 4.5" lift but when you go to the 5" you get new spindles. Does that make the 4.5" safe?

greener
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
I've got a 1" spacer on the front of my Tundra, it gave me about 1.75" of lift maybe a little more. I'm running a 1" block on the back. I recently put the Daystar 1" body lift on a few weeks ago. I haven't had any problems yet, the coil spacers have been on for about 10 months or so.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.

GunmetalDCTRD
09-15-2005, 06:19 PM
I've had the 4.5" TC lift on my '04 DC 4X4 for about a month and a half now. So far so good except for some minor rubbing. I posted my experiences so far in the "lifted trucks" forum, check it out. All I can say about it is, it's great, I love the look and performance of it and wouldn't change a thing. I may add some adjustable coilovers in the future, but for now the height is just right. I'm running 305s and I don't intend on going any bigger. One thing though, if RCD had a 6" lift for the '04 models, I would have done that instead for the extra 1.5" of lift. Also, being that you have a 2000, you would be able to get the TC 5" lift with new spindles. The new spindles for the '04 - '05 models have not been released yet, instead it comes with a "spindle spacer". You are right, it is the weakest link. Have you checked out the adjustable coilovers, like Donahoes, route? I think it all depends what you want, small, medium, or big lift, how big a tire you want to run, and how much you want to spend. Mine, for lift, install, rims and tires around $4000. Good luck with your decision and if I can be of any help, PM me. Also check out Imdone's experiences in the RCD lift forum.
Keith

GunmetalDCTRD
09-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey check out Mags's pics in the gallery.....sic...

mags
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
thanks gun metal you got a hot looking phantom grey truck! those are the tires i wanted to run too but they onlymake one size in 17's. i wish i got 18's now.
-chris :ts: