someone with HID Plus headlights please help me verify this... [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: someone with HID Plus headlights please help me verify this...

DevinSixtySeven
09-06-2002, 08:19 AM
i was under the impression more guys with sequoias than tundras got these lights, these are the ones purchases through JAOS a while back.

since i put mine in, i havent really used the fog lamps or the high beams, since they put out so much light on their own on low beam (...and the high beam doesnt do much) and my fogs are still the factory yellowish-white.

i was looking at the color of the combination of my fogs and hids on a back road the other day, flicking back and forth between low and high beam, expecting the fogs to automatically switch off.

they dont.

with the hid plus kit, i am able to turn the fog lights on whether the steering column switch is in the high or low beam position.

has anyone else noticed this? if it's normal, does anyone have an idea why?

thanks,
sean

Sanchez
09-06-2002, 09:28 AM
DeepStealth,

I was one of the Sequioa people who went in on the group buy.
And I agree with you I have not needed my fog lights or my high beams! These HID's are bright!!

BUT, sorry I can not help you with you question.
MY 2001 Sequoia SR5 did not come with fog lights and/or the option for fogs. (only avail for LTD in 01)
So I installed the LTD fogs myself and wired them so that I could have my High beams on AND still keep the fog lights on!

It was months later that I installed the HID Plus Kit, but I left the wiring the same.. So I could have HIGH BEAM HID and FOGS
This realy BLINDS PEOPLE! :D

Did you do any "mods" to your Tundra?
Like the one that allows you to use your high beams with fogs?
Or did you just install the HID's with the "stock" set-up?

DevinSixtySeven
09-06-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Sanchez
Did you do any "mods" to your Tundra?
Like the one that allows you to use your high beams with fogs?
Or did you just install the HID's with the "stock" set-up?

completely stock wiring. i havent even disabled the DRLs. thats what struck me as so odd...without the HIDs, the fogs automatically turn off when you switch to high beam...im hoping something hasnt shorted or broken, and this is somehow normal...perhaps the fog light cutoff switch is based on voltage drop?

-sean