Are "Internet Prices" negotiable? [Archive] - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

: Are "Internet Prices" negotiable?

btanchors
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Hello again everyone,

Has anyone had success in negotiating prices that are from the "Internet" department? I notice that some dealers that I've been getting quotes from over the Internet claim these are "No-Haggle" pricing. I'm considering a new 2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4WD Double-Cab.

tundrafire
01-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Just about anything involving car sales is negotiable.

wrxrob
01-08-2007, 12:28 PM
pretty much yes, unless you are dealing with carmax.

rcwebb
01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I recently bought a Honda Accord for my wife when someone decided to total my wife's Civic. Got the Internet price from the local dealership but they didn't have the color I wanted in stock. The price was for in-stock only. Received about the same price at a dealership an hour away and they said they would bring the car and paperwork to me. They would also include pinstripes and mud flaps since they were already on the car and they had the color I wanted in stock. The local dealership then said they would beat that deal and find a car the color I wanted. So...all prices are negotiable. These Internet prices were almost $2k less than the Edmund's price and $1k less than the Consumer Reports price.

btanchors
01-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, you all were right! I purchased a 2006 Tundra. According to my calculations, I got it for $289 BELOW INVOICE, PLUS 0% financing for 60 months.

SFTundraMan
01-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Anything is negotiable but when you are buying through the internet dept, the margins are so low if any, that there isnt much room to move from there. But if you just like to negotiate, then have fun.

But think about it, if you email 10 dealers and asked for their rock bottom price. And all ten dealers email you their prices. Then just go to the dealer that is the lowest. That is what the internet is suppose to be for.

What I find funny is customers say they dont want to play any games, that they dont want to negotiate, but when you give them the best price out of any other dealer, they still come in and ask for more. lol. I guess they have that right of course but it sorta defeats the purpose of the no hassle, no haggle approach that the internet is suppose to be.

Never a dull day in the car world, that is for sure.

rambrush
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I utlized carsdirect.com got a good price told where they found it. Drove down on Saturday it was fueled up and ready to go signed a couple of papers and it was done.
No haggling with the sales people no feeling of being held hostage and in there control.
Would reuse them in a heartbeat. I am over negotiating lifes to short to get my blood pressure any higher.

wrxrob
01-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Anything is negotiable but when you are buying through the internet dept, the margins are so low if any, that there isnt much room to move from there.

There are enough dealers out there that set their "internet price" so high that they DO still have a lot of wiggle room. This is why customers will still ask for more.

Case in point. A few years ago, we bought a used Nissan Altima. The dealer's asking price was $13,995. Their "internet price" was $10,495.

After a bit of haggling, we paid $7,500. This was after the salesman and manager swore up and down that they couldn't go below $10K. It just goes to show how desperate the car dealers can become in a buyers market on the last day of the month :)

toyd
02-01-2007, 12:58 PM
I think that it depends on the dealer you work with. I have found they normally will shoot you a very low price to get you in the building, so they truly don't have much wiggle room if any. It all depends on the tacticts of the salesman.. some LOVE to haggle.. but some shoot the bottom price in hopes of getting you on their property.

SFTundraMan
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
There are enough dealers out there that set their "internet price" so high that they DO still have a lot of wiggle room. This is why customers will still ask for more.

Case in point. A few years ago, we bought a used Nissan Altima. The dealer's asking price was $13,995. Their "internet price" was $10,495.

After a bit of haggling, we paid $7,500. This was after the salesman and manager swore up and down that they couldn't go below $10K. It just goes to show how desperate the car dealers can become in a buyers market on the last day of the month :)
that had to be a used car. New cars are completely different

wrxrob
02-08-2007, 07:44 AM
that had to be a used car. New cars are completely different

correct. New cars are different, especially Toyotas. But internet prices are still negotiable. Once you pit dealers against each other they will eliminate the wiggle and go as low as they can to avoid the other guy winning the sale.

TWQ83
02-08-2007, 11:19 AM
There is a Difference Between the "Internet Price" and a "No Haggle Price" ......... Internet is a tool to get you to come to us and purchase ..... Normally on a Vehicle that is readily available anywhere. Most give a really good bottom line with some room to wiggle. We like to think of it as a good Deal with a little profit. We're not looking for a "Laydown" in a customer and the clientel is usally "Internet Savy" and know this.

No Haggle on the other hand ( Carmax and FitzMall, and others) set a Price and that's it ..... Buy or don't. This also is desired by many in the Buying community. You are simple an Order taker and nothing more ...... follow up service or problem solving usally suffers in this type of dealership.

Which is something you might want to consider when buying the vehicle! How is the sevice AFTER the buy??? How many of you have gotten the "Perfect Deal" ............. really stole the vehicle from the Dealership at $$$$$$$$$$$$ UNDER invoice, just to find out the next day that the guy/gal that sold you the vehicle is no longer with the Dealership and no one knows about the "All Weather Mats" you were going to be given?????

Like I mentioned eariler ...... I might be a couple of Hundred, or even a thousand or so $$$$$ more then the other guy ............ but in the next 10-20 years I'll still be here helping you.

I think someone here said it best when they said "........ You get what you pay for ........"

I will now relinquish the Soap box to another......:ts: