Toyota Tundra Forums banner

HID Kit Question

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  boricuapr_01 
#1 ·
Hey there is nice to be back with Toyota after driving a Chevy for the last couple of years lol....anyway i bought a set of HID lights for the Low beams on my 07 Tundra SR5 and now i bought one for my High beams but for some reason they dont want to power up and is kinda weird cause i tested the kit on the low beams and it works fine but when i plug it on the high beam thats when it doesnt work....was wondering if i need something extra to make it work like a relay or something....so if you know anything about this please hook me up and let me know i will appreciate your assistance and thanks in advance

#2 ·
i know this is probably a plug and play set-up but did you check polarity on the wires oposed to hooking up the ballast a lot of the Japanese kits are set up one way and some of them you have to change wiring ...I have Low ,High and driving lights on mine with no problems ..

#6 ·
Ok on one side of the plug you have a ground and a hot lead just make sure that they match up the same polarity on the plug side ,,,I have found on some Especially Dodge Trucks( they always have hot and the ground is switched ) you have to change the wire on the ballast side its like connecting ground to hot and hot to ground

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.