Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Pics of Black Powder Coated Factory Wheels??

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  deluxx 
#1 ·
Guys,

I honestly have looked for pics of OEM Tundra Wheels that have been powdered coated Black and can't find any. I am done with my KMC Rockstars because of wheel vibration and forced to go back to stock. I don't want to lose the black on black look, so please post them if you got them. Also if you know of a standard factory black Toyota wheel, please let me know. THX!!

#2 ·
Are all aftermarket rims going to have vibration? and is there a way to stop it?

#3 ·
There is a forum member with black stock steelies on his pyrite tundra that looks incredible. I can't recall who it is, and I can't find the pictures of it.

#5 ·
Here's a link to my blacked out limited CM with powder coated 20's: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/127506-black-2-basicks-pics/ I'm in the process of smoking out taillight, headlight and fog light assemblies...
That truck is so black I had to look twice at the pics to see it lol.:cool:

Hey here's some cool factory 18" powdercoated rims on ebay...found these earlier today.eBay Motors: 18" 2007 2008 TOYOTA TUNDRA 5 SPOKE BLACK WHEEL WHEELS (item 170252323784 end time Aug-25-08 06:36:13 PDT)
:tu:

#6 ·
#7 ·
Here's a link to my blacked out limited CM with powder coated 20's: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/127506-black-2-basicks-pics/ I'm in the process of smoking out taillight, headlight and fog light assemblies...
Thats wicked, you have obviously put a lot of effort into it. Has the powder coating remained in good condition free of scratches.

I wonder how the TRD wheels would look with a powder coated front face and the frame of the openings left clear.

#10 ·
Thats wicked, you have obviously put a lot of effort into it. Has the powder coating remained in good condition free of scratches.

I wonder how the TRD wheels would look with a powder coated front face and the frame of the openings left clear.

Yes, it took some time and research to getting all the parts in black, or painted black for that matter. The coating on the wheels seem pretty durable. I wouldn't try hitting it with a hammer, but it seems to be holding up well...

#15 ·
Yes, it took some time and research to getting all the parts in black, or painted black for that matter. The coating on the wheels seem pretty durable. I wouldn't try hitting it with a hammer, but it seems to be holding up well...

what shop did you go to for powder coat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.