RCD lift pictures!!!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RCD lift pictures!!!

Liked
    0 times

Default RCD lift pictures!!!

hi there!
    I was hoping that all the people with the RCD lift kit could post their pictures of their truck with the RCD kit, and post what exactly they are running? Just pictures of your truck and if it has a body lift. Tire size, width, backspacing, AALs, shocks, etc. are a plus! I was going to put the RCD on my truck, and now I am thinking of maybe putting on a body lift, and maybe bigger, wider tires/wheels. Your pictures would really help me in my decision.
    Mahalo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: RCD lift pictures!!!

Whatever you do, PLEASE don't do a body lift. What RCD lift are you looking at?

Liked
    164 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 81toypu View Post
    Whatever you do, PLEASE don't do a body lift. What RCD lift are you looking at?
    So whats wrong with a body lift?
    New Truck Build Thread 2006 Double Cab
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...dra-build-2-a/

New Build Thread 2002 Tundra-Tundra Revamp

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...tundra-revamp/

No Really, I swear, I'm Done.. Imdone's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

Let's not pull that body lift bandaid off again... The is such a wast of time.

No tundra has fallen apart from having a bodylift installed that has been noted on this board.

To get check the RCD lift thread for photos. There are several members in there that have pics in their albums.

08 Silver Crewmax 5.7 4x4 SR5...
    TRD S/C, RBP, ICON, CAMBURG, ALCAN, AMP RESEARCH, TOYO, ECLIPSE, SAVV, FOSGATE, KICKER, JL AUDIO, V-LEDS, PIAA, HELLA, MBRP, TIMBREN, HYPERTECH
    www.wheelersoffroad.com for all your suspension needs!!!

Liked
    0 times

I have checked the RCD threads for photos of the RCD lift on the DC,, and I was getting tired of clicking on albums with no photos.
    I just saw a 06 DC lifted with the 6 inch RCD and 3 inch body lift on some Mickey Thompson 18 inch rims, and a 33x15.5x18 tire. It looked really nice, especially with the tires sticking out a little. I was wondering if this setup was OK on a 05 DC 2WD? I was really thinking of going this route, but maybe some narrower tires? The owner of this truck didn't have the traction bars on and he didn't change his UCA's on the front. Is this a must?
    Mahalo for everyones input!

Veteran Member
    Liked
    3 times
    Images

6" rcd and 3" body and 33" tires? those would look tiny 33's look small on RCD alone imho

oh and

Last edited by sic402; 10-10-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Liked
    0 times

sic402...
    how big are your tires?
    do you have the BL?
    i assume you have 35's, but how wide?

what kind of damage could be done to the truck if i run wide tires....like 15.5's?

No Really, I swear, I'm Done.. Imdone's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

15.5" wide tires like "Pitbull" tires can wreak havoc on the steering rack and tie-rod ends. One of the NV guys is running 13.50" wide tires and last I heard he was okay, but a 15.5" wide is a much larger contact patch.

Check my gallery for my previous RCD lifted truck.
    Check out Herbicidals photos, Mustang67408 he has RCD w/3" body lift on 35" tires. Herb's has 35s on just the RCD lift.
    I was running 35s with the RCD lift, SAW custom coils, Alcan custom rear springs. Truck height was about 7" in the front and 5.5" in the rear.

08 Silver Crewmax 5.7 4x4 SR5...
    TRD S/C, RBP, ICON, CAMBURG, ALCAN, AMP RESEARCH, TOYO, ECLIPSE, SAVV, FOSGATE, KICKER, JL AUDIO, V-LEDS, PIAA, HELLA, MBRP, TIMBREN, HYPERTECH
    www.wheelersoffroad.com for all your suspension needs!!!

Liked
    4 times
    Images

2004 Tundra stepside.
    6" RCD lift, Camburg UCA, 4:56 front & rear, arb air locker, arb Sahara bar with 12000 bulldog winch, custom exhaust, 315/75r/16 km2 mt's
    stubbs sliders, ARE shell, ORS Hub kit.:rockon:

Liked
    0 times

I'll chime in and LOL:crazy: about the BL comment! Anyhow, here's my 06' Tundra RCD 6", 3" BL sitting on 35's Procomp Xterrains. No problems whatsover for the last 2 years.

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5
    RCD 6" lift / 5100 bilstein rear shocks / 3" custom body lift / 17x9 Pro Comp 6001 chrome finish / RhinoLining / Husky Black Tool Box / Leer Ladder Rack / 35/12.50r17 Pro Comp Xterrains / Valor IDA-700W 7" WideScreen / AVE AV-1520 15.2" TFT/LCD Flip Down Monitor / 8" Infinity Reference 850w subs / Custom Fiberglass sealed enclosure / MB Quartz DSD216 Discus Components front and rear / Kenwood KAC819 Mono Amp / PPI5440 5 Channel Amp / Power Converter w/ audio/video input

Liked
    0 times

nice truck lsturbointeg!

to all of you who have the RCD and erased their photos from their albums.... this is for you to post those pics! this would helpme in making my decision on what tire/wheel size to go with.

Right now I am planning on the RCD with traction bars, 18x10 or 18x12 rims, 33x13.5 tires.

Thanks!

Liked
    34 times

Just a Herbicidal maniac. Herbicidal's Avatar
    Liked
    101 times
    Images

Thumbs up Re: RCD lift pictures!!!

Here's a couple of mine doing what it does best! I love the RCD lift. It's been on my truck for about 3 1/2 years, I've never had to retighten even a single bolt. There are a few more pics in my gallery.

Spec's are in my signature below.

"Playing" at a place called Greenhorn.

Still at Greenhorn.

Deer Valley trail in northern CA.

Returning from a camping trip to Yellowstone. Those are the Grand Tetons in the background.

*** 2007 Black Tundra CrewMax 5.7 liter SR5 4x4 with TRD and tow packages. Old Man Emu 3/1 complete lift with Toyo Open Country M/T's - 285x75x18's. Hypertech speedo recalibrator. Ultra Motorsports 18" black rims with silver accents. N-Fab 6-step, wheel to wheel black nerf bars. G-Tek radiator air-dam and door sill protectors. Arma Coatings spray in bedliner and bumpers by On The Road Trucks in Rocklin, CA. De-badged. Black grill surround. RBP black exhaust tip. Air Lift 5000 air bags with WirelessOne remote. Amp Research bed step.
    *** 2008 Flint Mica Yaris aka: Vios 'S' sedan. TRD lowering springs, TRD cold air intake, TRD anti-sway bar for the rear, TRD Sportivo rear shocks and front struts. Tinted windows all the way around, Tanabe front shock tower brace, 17" rims - Samurai SC02 Hyper Black. Megan Racing header.
    *** 2009 Salsa Red Corolla 'S' 5-speed manual.Wife's ride. Back windows tinted, but otherwise stock.
    *** 2003 Silver Corolla 'S'. Daughters ride. Totally stock.

Liked
    0 times

nice truck herbicidal!

Liked
    184 times
    Images

Love the look of your truck Herb! Deer Valley trail looks sweet. I go up to Penny Pines every year for a few days to ride the 450. All your guys trucks look good.
    2003 Sequoia Limited 4wd- Revtec lift, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Life's a bore, I'm going pig hunting...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.